aberdeen-music

JIM JONES REVUE + Tupelo Town Assembly + Los Cabaleros - Sun 18 April - Tunnels

rcalder82

AGP proudly presents

THE JIM JONES REVUE

plus support

Tunnels

Sun 18 April 2010

Tickets 7 from One Up, Belmont St and Welcome to TicketWeb!

14+ show

____

The JIM JONES REVUE are currently touring with Chuck Berry around the UK before heading out on a massive European tour.

Simply one of the best rock 'n' roll bands around today!

Classic Rock Album review....

Former Hypnotic gives rock its roll back.

The ear-searing, over-cranked sonic savagery of The Jim Jones Revue makes for a breathless listening experience. Easily as visceral and desperate as anything previously committed to tape, this extraordinary debut immediately replicates a brink-dwelling Jerry Lee crescendo, and clings on to its roaring mayhem for 30 exhausting minutes while tilting so far into the red that it almost hurts.

Surging ever higher, urging their irretrievably damned souls towards a bug-eyed, finger-blistering, feral meltdown, former Thee Hypnotics/Black Moses soul-flayer Jim Jones's 10-legged beast offers no quarter. From the tarmac-tearing wheel-spin of Princess &

The Frog, through the speaker-splintering sprint of Rock N Roll Psychosis, to the exhaust-fume blues of Cement Mixer, this is rock's tired old jalopy stripped drag-race lean and thrashed until it chokes. Streaking past the comparatively limping latter-day

legacies of the MC5, Dolls and Pistols, The JJR positively redefine raw, untamed, born-with-a-tail rock'n'roll.

8/10

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interview here -

The Jim Jones Revue Interview Flares n Seagulls

I'll admit that I hadn't yet checked this band out but was planning on attending due to the spiel on here.after I was asked to do this interview I did some investigation and ended up buying their 2 albums on the basis of hearing half a songsuch is the way my music buying happens and causes my bank balance pain.if you like JSBX, The Cramps, Gallon Drunk and such like then check them out, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointedcompletely hatstand breakneck rock 'n' roll.the 18th April will be a good night....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this like 3D tv that you need special glasses to view the ultra small version?

:popcorn:

Apart from that can you pay at the door? I don't really want to buy 8 tickets in advance in case certain BAMS in my posse decide not to go at the last minute.

Yeah tickets will be available on the door too @ 8. Thanks