aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

What do you mean by 50%?

Um to be honest I don't really know what I meant, the drunken ramble should be ignored!

I'm a little bit suprised at the levels of hate towards the Spanish team, I never used to support them much before I came here, but they were never a team I disliked they certainly come across as much more likeably chaps than the dutch, aside from a couple of exceptions.

Busquets may be the biggest cock on the team but he has been great this tournament, he does his job very effectively.

I can't see anything other than a Spanish win on Sunday, like the with Germany, Holland just wont be allowed to play.

howard webb has got the ref gig, wonder how many times them idiotic biased commentators will mention it during the game.

I shall be supporting Holland but have no hatred towards Spain at all but would really like the Dutch to win... having said that think Spain will do it.

But he has the best name!! Lol.

No, because it always reminds me of that stupid fucking panda from the foxes advert.

What the fuck has a panda got to do with biscuits and why is Italian/American and seemingly involved in organised crime?

No, because it always reminds me of that stupid fucking panda from the foxes advert.

What the fuck has a panda got to do with biscuits and why is Italian/American and seemingly involved in organised crime?

Yeah what the fuck is with that.

A panda promoting fox's biscuits, a polar bear promoting fox's mints, but a fucking fox promoting old speckled hen?!

Buy the biscuits or lose your legs. Those are your options.

He very rarely misplaces a pass, does Mr Biscuits. In the first half yesterday he completed 39 out of 40 attempted passes with at least one to each of the other 10 players in the team.

Fox's Biscuits are made in Batley, put in packets by people who are on the dole and refuse to get a job, so they force them to work for Fox's, right next door to Batley Job Centre. So, that Panda should be talking in a West Yorkshire accent, where the letter T is actually a myth. 25 letters in t'alphabet dunt thy know.

And Holland are much more likeable than Spain. Sneijder, Robben, Van Der Vaart, Van Persie, De Jong, Van Bronkhorst, Van Bommel, Kuyt, Elia, MC Babel, Heitinga. Footballing machines (Not MC Babel), and top gents. I love Sneijder. He sounds completely aloof. He was describing the silverware he won last season as "beautiful trophies" and that his "heart is full and almost bursting" with the love he has for Inter Milan.

Spain have got Capdevila, who is a conniving little cheat. Puyol who would sprint 20 miles just to yell in the face of a referee. Xavi and Iniesta, who love to brand the "book him ref" imaginary cards, which I just can't stand. Torres has turned into a whinging tit since his career and fitness has spiralled downwards. I like Pedro and Xabi Alonso. Sterling gents. Jesus Navas is ace too, but didn't get enough game time. He's also called Jesus. Superb.

Going in 2-2 at half time? Course it would have. I'm not saying England would have won, but you could see the Germans looked nervy and conservative at 2-1. 2-2 changes the half time team talk for both sides. It opens the game right up, and takes away the Germans 1 goal advantage. The Germans were hard to break down at 2-1, but if they weren't a goal ahead, they could well have opened up alot more, because they would also have needed to score

Sorry, I was referring to the bigger picture i.e. do you really think they would go all the way to the finals?

Busquets may be the biggest cock on the team but he has been great this tournament, he does his job very effectively.

What is his job, exactly? As far as I can tell, his job consists of standing about while Alonso does both the ball-winning and the ball-playing, and being called "quietly effective" for it.

Players like Busquets are a major pet hate of mine. Holding midfielders have become so fashionable these days that they get praise just for being holding midfielders, regardless of whether or not they're actually effective. He doesn't break up play particularly well (see Mascherano, Poulsen, etc.), he's not capable of dictating the play from deep (see Alonso), and he definitely can't do both those things at once (see De Rossi, Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Cambiasso). Holding midfielders have become so fashionable these days that they get praise just for being holding midfielders, regardless of whether or not they're actually effective.

Anyway, back to my original point: Spain should play Marchena instead of Busquets - he's an absolute butcher when he plays in midfield. I enjoy that.

i'm torn cos I don't mind some of the dutch players but van bommel is an utter dick that should've been red carded or at least booked enough to miss out on the final. and robben's diving is getting boring.

seen as spain just won the Euro's & dutch have already been to a final twice and never won it makes me think i'd be happy enough if they won. also because netherlands is smaller country/population makes me think it'd be nicer for them to win.

but then again not too fussed either way!

howard webb has got the ref gig, wonder how many times them idiotic biased commentators will mention it during the game.

"England have made it to the World Cup final"

"It's no surprise an English referee is at the final because the EPL is the best league in the whole universe"

etc.

Busquets has been better than Alonso at the world cup, he has made better passes and links up much better with Xavi and Iniesta (which obviously could be expected as they play together). It's clear that Alonso is not as used to the way the team plays so often doesn't give the attackers the best service.

I do like most of the dutch team, I don't see much likeable about RVP or Van Bommel though.

Xavi and Iniesta are both stand up guys, they appear to be two of the most humble down to earth professional footballers around. Both are very loyal to the team which trained them and they could easily earn more money by accepting a move to Chelsea or City (or Madrid). And neither of them are particulary guilty of diving or play-acting. I would also argue that they are respectful of the referee.

Xavi still lives with all his family in a fairly modest house in his home town.

Anyway, whatever happens on sunday I like that we'll have a new winner. Seems strange that these two teams have never played each other before in a world cup, makes it even more interesting.

Anyone interested at all in the 3rd place match? Hopefully it turns into a golden boot shoot out between klose and forlan.

if only john rowbottom didn't hang up his whistle it could be him... :up:

the Webb team had a decent 3 matches but commentators totally bigged them up at every opportunity/decision.

it's a shame fifa didn't feel embarrassed when romania's goal at euro 96 wasn't given. you'd think an event in england would be high profile enough...wasn't there another debatable goal in said country around 44 years ago too?

even with grainy quality it's a clear goal.

YouTube - Bu?garia - Rumunia 1:0 (13.06.1996)