aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

a lot of unknown quantities in groups 3 and 4 so dont think its going to be easy for england, would prefer to avoid the dutch and the portugese if i gave a shit... which i dont really. its actually quite funny when england lose and all the biased media people start crying into their cornflakes!

I also like it when violence breaks out at the big screen locations around England. All hell broke loose in Leeds when we got knocked out of the 2006 World Cup. The second Ronaldo scored that penalty, everyone just seemed to remember in unison that everyone stood around them supported a whole manner of different clubs. Rooney getting sent off and Ronaldo scoring the winning penalty meant that a few lads in United shirts took a kick or two. The sensible ones, like me, were jumping on the next bus to anywhere. Good times, that.

I really hope France get to face Algeria at some point. The rioting after the Egypt match was bad enough... Molotov cocktails and all sorts. 60 burnt out cars in my hood alone! Was proper scary. Skinheads all over would come out of the woodwork to fight Arabs all over the country. Not condoning violence or any form of hooliganism but it does make things interesting. The way the papers sewpt the rioting under the carpet a few weeks ago was unbelievable. They're so intent on pushing the image of France as a melting pot society that to find out the true extent of the crazyness that went on you had to go on forums and youtube and stuff.

For anyone remotely interested here's a video.

YouTube - Algrie-Egypte, meute sur les Champs-Elyses - 18/11/09

The majority of those supporters weren't there to celebrate happily. There were pre-organised riots and none of it showed up on the news.

You'd think after years and years of these shit opening cermonies for both the draws and the opening games they'd get the message that no-one gives a hoop?

lol aye but they still persist with it dont they, at least its underway finally! england are playing team 2, team 3 and team 4 :up:

Uruguay were jammy, but pretty much everyone barring Brazil severely underperformed in the South American qualifiers. Mexico have got decent players, but no system to really back it up, but if there's a stage to step it up on, this is it. South Africa are a bit of a novelty, but I imagine they'll be able to work with their own momentum at least in the group stages. And Domenech is absolutely hopelss/bonkers, so for me, that is the "group of death" is there was one, as I reckon all 4 teams are on quite an equal pegging to top the group. I imagine France will go through one way or another, but probably not in the most comfortable of manners

It'll be winter time in South Africa, conditions will be ideal for northern european nations. Fantastic.

They will however be playing most of their games at altitude (all games except those played at Capetown are up over 1500m I think). That's got to favour the South American teams I would have thought.

Edit: And South Africa presumably!

the commentators and pundits were really doing my head in during the draw, Johnathon Pearce kept harping on about who England should avoid. Thats typical of the attitude of the English 'ooh ooh we want an easy ride' as an Englishman I find this attitude embarrasing, you can bet your bottom dollar the Brazillians and the Spanish wouldnt have that attitude! Fuck worrying about the opposition, to win the WC you gotta beat whoever you have to play.

It's a piss easy group for England, they really should qualify with ease. Hope the Germans finish 2nd in the group then whip their bottoms in the second round.... on penalties ha ha!

Pearce is a fucking goober anyway. He kept talking over people during the draw. Why the fuck does a draw need fucking commentary anyway? It was ridiculous. That dumb model harping on was enough to make the idea of commentary completely redundant. Instead, we got her pretending she didn't know what all the pots of balls were for, so that French guy had to explain everything. It was a load of pointless crap really. Motson is the man though. A man of facts. What a champion. Much more of a champion than Jon Champion.