aberdeen-music

Orange Duel Terror

Graham

Anyone know if these are any good? They are a bit like the Tiny Terror but with two channels and 30 watts instead of 15. Would that and a 2x12 cab be loud enough to gig with? Or would I be better getting something like a Peavey Valveking 212? Looking for a valve amp that won't break the bank.

There is an orange display in RnB now with a Dual Terror and a Tiny Terror.

There is? Fucksake. Could have saved myself a trip to Dundee. Orange need to update their dealer's list then.

The guy in Rainbow was really helpful though, would recommend them if anyone happens to be down there.

There is? Fucksake. Could have saved myself a trip to Dundee. Orange need to update their dealer's list then.

The guy in Rainbow was really helpful though, would recommend them if anyone happens to be down there.

When was the last time you were in RnB man? They've had Orange stock in since forever! Mind you, if they didn't have one for you to try out fair enough.

I've had good expeiences with the guys in Rainbow too.

I've seen plenty people get away with 30 watt output. It doesn't seem to be so much the case nowadays, but older 100W amps are really really loud.

Dual terror looks good on YouTube, would like to hear it in person.

30 watts for a single channel is usually fine with any valve amp. I'm not sure how much volume 2 channels will soak up as I have no experience with duel terrors though. Tiny Terrors are fine at half the wattage though, as long as you're not making it squeal with gain, so I can't imagine the DT being much different.

As mentioned about old 100w amps. An old pub in Wakefield, which housed about 80 folk tops, used to run open mic nights, using a 100w single channel Marshall plexi. You had to have the volume on about 0.5, or it blew your fucking head off, but still sounded shit because the valves were cold. It could have gone louder, but the sound chap insisted on micing everything up, because he's a tit. So you'd get a really dry, scratchy, but fucking loud guitar tone in every speaker and monitor. Sounded like dick.

When was the last time you were in RnB man? They've had Orange stock in since forever! Mind you, if they didn't have one for you to try out fair enough.

I could swear last time I was in R&B earlier in the year they had zero Orange stock. They're not listed on the orange website at all either.

We've been dealers for Orange for absolutely ages! Good couple/few years!

We only recently got the Dual Terror in. About 450 or there abouts IIRC?

Ah well, mustn't have seen them for looking. I did think you used to have Orange stuff so was surprised when R&B didn't come up on the Orange site as a dealer.

Yeah everywhere's selling the Dual Terror for 449, not much price diifference anywhere.