aberdeen-music

50 Cent

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Anyone heard his new single? Jesus fuck it's bad.

I'm a white ginger lad from New Deer, and I reckon if I had a go, I could be a better rapper than him.

Did someone, somewhere decide that the "he's taken 9 bullets and survived" story could make up for his inability to rap? And why do people buy into it? He's just bollocks.

This is the chorus, which he mumbles:

Have a baby by me; baby

Be a millionaire Have a baby by me; baby

Be a millionaire Be a millionaire Be a millionaire Be a millionaire

Have a baby by me; baby

Be a millionaire Be a millionaire Be a millionaire Be a millionaire

Amazing.

I'm surprised that there are still people who can't understand why a well-marketed but entirely derivative rap artist is popular in this day and age. The mainstream market don't want to listen to Pharoahe Monch's complex delivery, Aesop Rock's obscure metaphors or Blockhead's dense beats; they want catchy hooks and tunes that don't require the listener to engage his/her brain, and he ticks both of those boxes.

To be honest, he's not as bad a rapper as some of the whappers in the charts, but I can't fucking stand his music.

• Upvote 1

That track is a sample of his old track i get money, he used it as a chorus and Ne-yo did the rest of the singing. It's actually doing well in the clubs. I remember 2 months ago wen i had to promote the single in the clubs, response was really good, cause people knew where the sample came from.

I'm surprised that there are still people who can't understand why a well-marketed but entirely derivative rap artist is popular in this day and age. The mainstream market don't want to listen to Pharoahe Monch's complex delivery, Aesop Rock's obscure metaphors or Blockhead's dense beats; they want catchy hooks and tunes that don't require the listener to engage his/her brain, and he ticks both of those boxes.

To be honest, he's not as bad a rapper as some of the whappers in the charts, but I can't fucking stand his music.

Aesop is so great, I wish I understood more of his metaphors though. Despite the complexity of most of his work, he can still produce undeniably catchy choruses and hooks: Coffee is prolly the best example.

50 Cent is a state, but he and his music are for all intensive purposes 'chart' (I'd expect most his songles to be on a Now CD for sure). Like Murr says, if you can switch it on for the first time nod your head and singalong to the chorus the second time round, it has done it's job. If you want good flow, pronunciation and rhymes you're going to be dissappointed.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Is it really whack? I had a really whack bacon buttie today, it was whack. It was as whack as something that's really whack.

Probably cos the guy who served you it whacked off onto the bread beforehand, you spunk hoover

• Upvote 1

I really do think he is the worst of the mainstream rappers. He has no flow or conviction. At least folk like Kanye or even Nelly put a bit of balls behind their delivery, and don't just mumble incoherently.

Maybe my definition of catchy is completely different to the audience chart music is aimed at. I just find nothing infectious about his music at all. It's grim, awful drivel.

Kanye's the good life, for example. That's catchy. 50's Candyshop, as another example, is just crap beats, and a mumbling black fella being a little bit suggestive.

That track is a sample of his old track i get money, he used it as a chorus and Ne-yo did the rest of the singing. It's actually doing well in the clubs. I remember 2 months ago wen i had to promote the single in the clubs, response was really good, cause people knew where the sample came from.

nice 1 kojo, who cares bout 50 cent when derek b is dead :(