aberdeen-music

Guitarist Required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handler

Hi KimyReizeger

Cheers for the question.

"What would I like to achieve?"

I would say that I am trying to obtain the unreachable through a musical journey into the unknown.

I'm not setting of with an idea to discover a certain thing for I do not know where or what that "thing" is. It experimentation, a kind of alchemy.

Define alchemy:

Alchemy (Arabic:al-kimia) (Hebrew:??????? al-khimia) is both a philosophy and a practice with an aim of achieving ultimate wisdom as well as immortality, involving the improvement of the alchemist as well as the making of several substances described as possessing unusual properties. The practical aspect of alchemy generated the basics of modern inorganic chemistry, namely concerning procedures, equipment and the identification and use of many current substances.

A lot of people get it some don't. It seems a lot of people want to be labelled as this or that and need to be given a concise remit before they feel they can step up and reply to the ad. If they don't get it then they should in no way reply.

I don't like to see a musician as being wholly defined by his influence, and in many ways I see a lot of musicians inhibited by this way of thinking.

A sculptor may only make statues of cast iron and that's all he does, another might sculptor might say what is at hand what can I sculpt, maybe materials, maybe words, maybe music, maybe mud, maybe all of that together, he is open to any idea. Both are valid with one more open to his or her approach.

Another example may be the session musician and the heavy metal guitarist. The latter just wants to play his style in a rock band that's it. That's great but he has set restrictions for himself by not wanting to play outside of his style. The session guy might do a Jazz stint one night, a rock track for an ad the next and be on TV backing an R'nB singer. He's into the guitar as a tool and open to music as a far reaching entity, and is taking part in the bigger picture.Both are valid with one more open to his or her approach.

I think through talking with a musicians who is interested about where they are at is the best way to find out if there is any common ground and if they could gel with the line-up or project. I might find a guitarist who says all these influences which suit the project, I go great and just judge things on that, turns out he's unprofessional, unreliable has a closed mind, so not suitable. I could speak to someone who says well I've played a lot of different things, I'm into a wide variety of music, is open minded about what and how they play, they want to develop and be a well-rounded musician and make satisfying music regardless of genre. May work out, a bit more info and no mention of influences at all.

The music industry will have you believe all manner of non truths and mess with your head if you let. It'll have you believe that things should be this way or that. The commercial side of the music business has nothing to do with making music.Being a musician doesn't mean you have to be a part of that industry.

Too many people are out there mimicking there favourite bands trying to be boxed into a way to be that is not all theirs.

I have previously answered comments, stating my add may not be best written. Now after some of the responses I have had I am beginning to think that the ad is worded correctly as it is showing up where peoples heads are at with regards to their outlook and approach.

So I am achieving many things as this rolls along. Musically the sound will be full textured as much as it is invisible and discreet. It will move your feet and make you think.

I will be advertising for a female vocalist soon. I will try to be more descriptive with the wording of that ad.

Many thanks for your response to the ad I hope I have answered your question.

Best regards

Handler

Where do you buy your drugs from? You seem to be getting really good shit...

• Upvote 1

Hi KimyReizeger

Cheers for the question.

"What would I like to achieve?"

I would say that I am trying to obtain the unreachable through a musical journey into the unknown.

I'm not setting of with an idea to discover a certain thing for I do not know where or what that "thing" is. It experimentation, a kind of alchemy.

Define alchemy:

Alchemy (Arabic:al-kimia) (Hebrew:??????? al-khimia) is both a philosophy and a practice with an aim of achieving ultimate wisdom as well as immortality, involving the improvement of the alchemist as well as the making of several substances described as possessing unusual properties. The practical aspect of alchemy generated the basics of modern inorganic chemistry, namely concerning procedures, equipment and the identification and use of many current substances.

A lot of people get it some don't. It seems a lot of people want to be labelled as this or that and need to be given a concise remit before they feel they can step up and reply to the ad. If they don't get it then they should in no way reply.

I don't like to see a musician as being wholly defined by his influence, and in many ways I see a lot of musicians inhibited by this way of thinking.

A sculptor may only make statues of cast iron and that's all he does, another might sculptor might say what is at hand what can I sculpt, maybe materials, maybe words, maybe music, maybe mud, maybe all of that together, he is open to any idea. Both are valid with one more open to his or her approach.

Another example may be the session musician and the heavy metal guitarist. The latter just wants to play his style in a rock band that's it. That's great but he has set restrictions for himself by not wanting to play outside of his style. The session guy might do a Jazz stint one night, a rock track for an ad the next and be on TV backing an R'nB singer. He's into the guitar as a tool and open to music as a far reaching entity, and is taking part in the bigger picture.Both are valid with one more open to his or her approach.

I think through talking with a musicians who is interested about where they are at is the best way to find out if there is any common ground and if they could gel with the line-up or project. I might find a guitarist who says all these influences which suit the project, I go great and just judge things on that, turns out he's unprofessional, unreliable has a closed mind, so not suitable. I could speak to someone who says well I've played a lot of different things, I'm into a wide variety of music, is open minded about what and how they play, they want to develop and be a well-rounded musician and make satisfying music regardless of genre. May work out, a bit more info and no mention of influences at all.

The music industry will have you believe all manner of non truths and mess with your head if you let. It'll have you believe that things should be this way or that. The commercial side of the music business has nothing to do with making music.Being a musician doesn't mean you have to be a part of that industry.

Too many people are out there mimicking there favourite bands trying to be boxed into a way to be that is not all theirs.

I have previously answered comments, stating my add may not be best written. Now after some of the responses I have had I am beginning to think that the ad is worded correctly as it is showing up where peoples heads are at with regards to their outlook and approach.

So I am achieving many things as this rolls along. Musically the sound will be full textured as much as it is invisible and discreet. It will move your feet and make you think.

I will be advertising for a female vocalist soon. I will try to be more descriptive with the wording of that ad.

Many thanks for your response to the ad I hope I have answered your question.

Best regards

Handler

I like the idealism, which is generally totally absent around here. That said, I find it hard to avoid the thought that this is all just a veil behind which unmusical people make noise.

• Upvote 1

This sounds interesting. I too am a free spirited exprimentalist like yourself out to dispell preconceived ideas of genre and influence... because as we all know, noone in the history of music has ever tried that before. Instead of being sensible about the fact that any band worth listening to will have a range of influences, sometimes wide, sometimes narrow, I prefer to ignore decades of musical evolution and insist that I have none.

Not bound by conventions like "talent" or "any form of training", such notions as tuning, timing and structure are meaningless to me. I'll just sit plucking the same note for days on end sometimes. My guitar doesn't even have strings.

• Upvote 2

I like the idealism, which is generally totally absent around here. That said, I find it hard to avoid the thought that this is all just a veil behind which unmusical people make noise.

Hi KR

I can agree that I am very idealistic.

I can assure you that the team which is coming together is comprised of some very talented musicians with good equipment and outlook.

I seem to have stirred up some odd feelings with my post, this was not my intention.

Have you ever felt that you needed something in your life that wasn't there, you don't know what it is but you know that your situation is not good for you. You make steps to try to find what clicks. We can all be mislead believing that we can buy happiness by fittting into a pre made slot. But what if you do not believe in what's being offered to you, you go searching try a few things out and eventually if your going down the right track things come together and click. What's right for you may not even be in your own knowledge. A bit like getting this line up together.

I don't think I'm being pretentious, it's not my aim, just trying to be truthful to myself and others. A few folk may not accept this, but life's too short to worry about that.

Hopefully there will be some positive responses to they ad, there have been already.

Best regards

Handler

This sounds interesting. I too am a free spirited exprimentalist like yourself out to dispell preconceived ideas of genre and influence... because as we all know, noone in the history of music has ever tried that before. Instead of being sensible about the fact that any band worth listening to will have a range of influences, sometimes wide, sometimes narrow, I prefer to ignore decades of musical evolution and insist that I have none.

Not bound by conventions like "talent" or "any form of training", such notions as tuning, timing and structure are meaningless to me. I'll just sit plucking the same note for days on end sometimes. My guitar doesn't even have strings.

Hi. I like your comments.

I wouldn't say that I'm even considering trying to dispell preconceived ideas of genre and influence. We cant deny that they are there, and I freely admit that we are influenced by absolutely everything around us. I am no exception.

"because as we all know, noone in the history of music has ever tried that before"

I don't think that our idea is to do something that has never been done before. Elements will relate directly to things past & present.

And if you are aware of those people who in history have tried and failed or succeeded, then we should give them credit for trying. It's those folk who make this planet bearable and interesting for us.

" Instead of being sensible about the fact that any band worth listening to will have a range of influences, sometimes wide, sometimes narrow, I prefer to ignore decades of musical evolution and insist that I have none."

To be fair, there aren't many bands worth listening to, as a lot seem to be puppets spouting various untruths.

Maybe the amount of influences people have are directly related to the sum total their life experiences. Like I've said,As a player you have to be aware that your playing is influenced by more than what you hear.

"I prefer to ignore decades of musical evolution and insist that I have none."

I prefer to ignore decades of human evolution and insist that I have n

I really like the next bit!

"Not bound by conventions like "talent" or "any form of training", such notions as tuning, timing and structure are meaningless to me. I'll just sit plucking the same note for days on end sometimes. My guitar doesn't even have strings."

I love how your mind works.You should be a producer.

Best regards

Handler

I wish I could rep the fuck out of this, especially as the thread starter has missed your sarcasm big time.

:up:

Hi. I like your comments.

I wouldn't say that I'm even considering trying to dispell preconceived ideas of genre and influence. We cant deny that they are there, and I freely admit that we are influenced by absolutely everything around us. I am no exception.

"because as we all know, noone in the history of music has ever tried that before"

I don't think that our idea is to do something that has never been done before. Elements will relate directly to things past & present.

And if you are aware of those people who in history have tried and failed or succeeded, then we should give them credit for trying. It's those folk who make this planet bearable and interesting for us.

" Instead of being sensible about the fact that any band worth listening to will have a range of influences, sometimes wide, sometimes narrow, I prefer to ignore decades of musical evolution and insist that I have none."

To be fair, there aren't many bands worth listening to, as a lot seem to be puppets spouting various untruths.

Maybe the amount of influences people have are directly related to the sum total their life experiences. Like I've said,As a player you have to be aware that your playing is influenced by more than what you hear.

"I prefer to ignore decades of musical evolution and insist that I have none."

I prefer to ignore decades of human evolution and insist that I have n

I really like the next bit!

"Not bound by conventions like "talent" or "any form of training", such notions as tuning, timing and structure are meaningless to me. I'll just sit plucking the same note for days on end sometimes. My guitar doesn't even have strings."

I love how your mind works.You should be a producer.

Best regards

Handler

Ace response to a silly, verging on cheeky, post. Hats off and good luck.

Hi KR

I can agree that I am very idealistic.

I can assure you that the team which is coming together is comprised of some very talented musicians with good equipment and outlook.

I seem to have stirred up some odd feelings with my post, this was not my intention.

Have you ever felt that you needed something in your life that wasn't there, you don't know what it is but you know that your situation is not good for you. You make steps to try to find what clicks. We can all be mislead believing that we can buy happiness by fittting into a pre made slot. But what if you do not believe in what's being offered to you, you go searching try a few things out and eventually if your going down the right track things come together and click. What's right for you may not even be in your own knowledge. A bit like getting this line up together.

I don't think I'm being pretentious, it's not my aim, just trying to be truthful to myself and others. A few folk may not accept this, but life's too short to worry about that.

Hopefully there will be some positive responses to they ad, there have been already.

Best regards

Handler

When I read your posts, sinister music plays in my head. Like there's something unsettling and ... well, bad going on.

Still, I'm sold.

Where do I sign to join the Cryptic Cult of Uplifting Ideals?

Guitarist Post Now Filled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your replies to my advert for a guitarist. I'm pleased to say that we have found a super guitarist to join us on our adventures. If we treat him good , maybe he'll stick around.

Best regards

Handler:up:

• 3 weeks later...

Position Filled

Hi.

Thanks for the renewed interested in this post.

But the position of guitarist and vocalist have both been filled.

I'm very pleased to say that the people involved in our jams are really positive and have brought a lot to the project already.

All the people taking part are excellent musicians and have really nice personalities too which has made our jams an absolute pleasure.

If only we can get as many people to come to our gigs as have read my original post. Wishful me thinks.

Merry Crimble, one and all!!!

Handler 8-)