aberdeen-music

Guitarist Required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handler

We're looking for a guitarist to add to our numbers.

You'll be happy to improvise and also play some bass or percussion from time to time.

You will have a open mind and wide interest interest in music over many genres.

We haven't got any preconceived notion as to what sound we're aiming for and we are not interested in playing covers though the odd one may appear in rehearsals from time to time, usually twisted out of form.

You'll be doing some lead and rhythm work, and will know when to take the lead and when to step back and be part of the unit.

Vocals would also be and advantage.

Our jams are usually 3 hours long and we use Musical Vision rehearsal rooms in the city centre. The cost is 12.50 an hour and we all pay equal share on the night.

The aim is to enjoy ourselves making music and to make good music.

If you are interested please get in touch.

Any hint at the type of music you write / play, & what is the existing instrument line up?

Are you currently recording / gigging, If so , what's the band name so I can check you out?

Hi. Thanks for your email.

Sorry no hint of the type of music we play. Still in development.

Line up keeps chopping and changing at present. Still deciding what works best.

We record all our rehearsals, but have nothing available for general consumption.

I do not anticipate having anything official on any social networking sites in the future as they are a waste of time and intelligence. We have no gigs booked this month.

May I ask if you are playing in a band? Where can I check you out?

Best regards

Handler

my mate rikki is looking for a band

he has varied tastes and influences and is looking to get playing with other guys asap

heres his thread http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/musicians/58811-guitarist-looking-jam.html

no replys but he's really keen

Hi. Thanks for getting in touch.

I've read his ad and admire his influences. I like a lot of the bands too.

For this thing we have got going on I really think I need someone with a different set of influences.

I would easily jam with him one night. But at present I'm busy with getting this thing together.

Thanks for the shout though.

Best regards

Handler

Hi. Thanks for getting in touch.

I've read his ad and admire his influences. I like a lot of the bands too.

For this thing we have got going on I really think I need someone with a different set of influences.

I would easily jam with him one night. But at present I'm busy with getting this thing together.

Thanks for the shout though.

Best regards

Handler

don't take this the wrong way but unless you add a bit more information about the type of music/influence, you will get alot of people who won't be suitable enquiring, like myself on behalf of rikki

Why does this guy keep asking if you're leaving your band?

He sounds clingy to me. He probably won't let you have other friends, and he'll blank you if you dont return his texts within a 15 minute window.

You promised you would check in but you didn't. I was worried.

Anyway - I know you don't want to cite influences but you could at least give some clue about what you like so that people can give a proper response.

don't take this the wrong way but unless you add a bit more information about the type of music/influence, you will get alot of people who won't be suitable enquiring, like myself on behalf of rikki

Hi

Fair dues.

I dont' take you the wrong way, it's ok to say what you think.

I can't really say what type of music and influences it is, I wouldn't know, or want to categorise it. I feel that would add unnecessary limitations and expectations to the player.

Influences are fine if you have the head on that you want to be in a band that sounds like band A or band B or have one fixed genre in mind. I think to think in influences is to set some restrictions upon yourself as people think, maybe rightly so that that is exactly the kind of music that you want to play.

It does seem a bit of an odd position to take but I don't see that saying what my influences are is either relevant to the music I make now, or to a multiplayer situation where the list of influences could be endless.

And I don't know who to suggest be the influences of whomever wants to have a go, because I don't know who's is out there (famous musicians) to say that you should be like.

I would be best suggesting what we are not looking for, or the kind of music we are not making. It's not country, or western, not Jazz, not pur4e heavy metal, not blues, it is not brit pop or indie. We dont write for the boys and girls, we play for our enjoyment and for the experience.

We are not playing at being in a band or pretending that we are a clone of our favourite bands.We don't do covers. The music is sometimes beat driven

I would like to create a full and textured sound.Done with a professional and open minded approach.

We're all happy just getting on getting the sound together with no expectations or baggage, just letting it come naturally at first.

I do have an idea of what it could be, but at the moment as I say I can't put my finger on it or put it into words right now. The players are falling into place and we have tried some different guitarists out already.

I wouldn't reply to the wanted ad if someone was wanting live the dream or has an allusions about being famous or mimicking there favourite act, this wont be there scene.

I'd rather have people get in touch and say what they are wanting to do and a bit about themselves. My ad wording my not be successfully written, but I believe I have been truthful. I know that the right people have, and will appear as they are needed.

I hope that you can maybe understand my points, I'm still working them out too.

I will say that I have some strong opinions that I would like the music to get across, and not very interested in doing any music that is commercial or mainstream.

A long winded reply I know, but I thought you took the time to get in touch and deserved an answer.

Best regards

Handler

• Upvote 1

Hi

Fair dues.

I can't really say what type of music and influences it is, I wouldn't know, or want to categorise it. I feel that would add unnecessary limitations and expectations to the player.

Influences are fine if you have the head on that you want to be in a band that sounds like band A or band B or have one fixed genre in mind. I think to think in influences is to set some restrictions upon yourself as people think, maybe rightly so that that is exactly the kind of music that you want to play.

It does seem a bit of an odd position to take but I don't see that saying what my influences are is either relevant to the music I make now, or to a multiplayer situation where the list of influences could be endless.

And I don't know who to suggest be the influences of whomever wants to have a go, because I don't know who's is out there (famous musicians) to say that you should be like.

I would be best suggesting what we are not looking for, or the kind of music we are not making. It's not country, or western, not Jazz, not pur4e heavy metal, not blues, it is not brit pop or indie. We dont write for the boys and girls, we play for our enjoyment and for the experience.

We are not playing at being in a band or pretending that we are a clone of our favourite bands.We don't do covers. The music is sometimes beat driven

I would like to create a full and textured sound.Done with a professional and open minded approach.

We're all happy just getting on getting the sound together with no expectations or baggage, just letting it come naturally at first.

I do have an idea of what it could be, but at the moment as I say I can't put my finger on it or put it into words right now. The players are falling into place and we have tried some different guitarists out already.

I wouldn't reply to the wanted ad if someone was wanting live the dream or has an allusions about being famous or mimicking there favourite act, this wont be there scene.

I'd rather have people get in touch and say what they are wanting to do and a bit about themselves. My ad wording my not be successfully written, but I believe I have been truthful. I know that the right people have, and will appear as they are needed.

I will say that I have some strong opinions that I would like the music to get across, and not very interested in doing any music that is commercial or mainstream.

A long winded reply I know, but I thought you took the time to get in touch and deserved an answer.

Best regards

Handler

you sound like a politician!

Hi

Fair dues.

Best regards

Handler

This post is OUTSTANDING.

You promised you would check in but you didn't. I was worried.

Anyway - I know you don't want to cite influences but you could at least give some clue about what you like so that people can give a proper response.

Hi.

Sure.

I like Sam lightnin Hopkins, Charles Manson and Public Enemy, but I don't want to make music like any of them. I have been influenced by everything I have ever heard, I draw from that when I play.

When your jamming and your hear something, and you throw something from the back of your mind into it, without thinking about it. I've used influence from one genre and played (used )it in a similar way but fitting with a totally different one. Mix and match.

When your fishing for a sound you have to be open minded and let everything that has influenced you be able to come out. I am just as much influenced by things I have seen or done, as much as I am the music I have listened to.

I agree my initial post maybe somewhat vague, it hasn't stopped some folk getting in touch with some positive results. The difference is in the mind set , there experience and who they are. Some folk appreciate the freedom.

Best regards

Handler

Hi

Fair dues.

Best regards

Handler

Cool story, bro.

Hi

Fair dues.

Best regards

Handler

Let's pretend this is a job interview, and I'd just asked you to 'sum up what it is you want to achieve' :up:

Let's pretend this is a job interview, and I'd just asked you to 'sum up what it is you want to achieve' :up:

Hi KimyReizeger

Cheers for the question.

"What would I like to achieve?"

I would say that I am trying to obtain the unreachable through a musical journey into the unknown.

I'm not setting of with an idea to discover a certain thing for I do not know where or what that "thing" is. It experimentation, a kind of alchemy.

Define alchemy:

Alchemy (Arabic:al-kimia) (Hebrew:??????? al-khimia) is both a philosophy and a practice with an aim of achieving ultimate wisdom as well as immortality, involving the improvement of the alchemist as well as the making of several substances described as possessing unusual properties. The practical aspect of alchemy generated the basics of modern inorganic chemistry, namely concerning procedures, equipment and the identification and use of many current substances.

A lot of people get it some don't. It seems a lot of people want to be labelled as this or that and need to be given a concise remit before they feel they can step up and reply to the ad. If they don't get it then they should in no way reply.

I don't like to see a musician as being wholly defined by his influence, and in many ways I see a lot of musicians inhibited by this way of thinking.

A sculptor may only make statues of cast iron and that's all he does, another might sculptor might say what is at hand what can I sculpt, maybe materials, maybe words, maybe music, maybe mud, maybe all of that together, he is open to any idea. Both are valid with one more open to his or her approach.

Another example may be the session musician and the heavy metal guitarist. The latter just wants to play his style in a rock band that's it. That's great but he has set restrictions for himself by not wanting to play outside of his style. The session guy might do a Jazz stint one night, a rock track for an ad the next and be on TV backing an R'nB singer. He's into the guitar as a tool and open to music as a far reaching entity, and is taking part in the bigger picture.Both are valid with one more open to his or her approach.

I think through talking with a musicians who is interested about where they are at is the best way to find out if there is any common ground and if they could gel with the line-up or project. I might find a guitarist who says all these influences which suit the project, I go great and just judge things on that, turns out he's unprofessional, unreliable has a closed mind, so not suitable. I could speak to someone who says well I've played a lot of different things, I'm into a wide variety of music, is open minded about what and how they play, they want to develop and be a well-rounded musician and make satisfying music regardless of genre. May work out, a bit more info and no mention of influences at all.

The music industry will have you believe all manner of non truths and mess with your head if you let. It'll have you believe that things should be this way or that. The commercial side of the music business has nothing to do with making music.Being a musician doesn't mean you have to be a part of that industry.

Too many people are out there mimicking there favourite bands trying to be boxed into a way to be that is not all theirs.

I have previously answered comments, stating my add may not be best written. Now after some of the responses I have had I am beginning to think that the ad is worded correctly as it is showing up where peoples heads are at with regards to their outlook and approach.

So I am achieving many things as this rolls along. Musically the sound will be full textured as much as it is invisible and discreet. It will move your feet and make you think.

I will be advertising for a female vocalist soon. I will try to be more descriptive with the wording of that ad.

Many thanks for your response to the ad I hope I have answered your question.

Best regards

Handler

Hey, I'm interested. I too, like yourself, have no care for preconcieved notions or overly derivative music/musicians.

I just want to make a massive sound. Something incomprehensible to most human ears, a wall of sounds. A giant mesh of the pantheon of our amalgamated influences, something sort of like, well, a farting sound. But massive. Truely gigantic.