aberdeen-music

BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT 2010 - Fudge Music Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards are an annual celebration of the best bands Aberdeen has to offer. We'll be dishing out the shiny awards and inviting the winning acts to come up onstage and rant drunkenly into the mic at The Moorings on Saturday 6th February. As well as the actual awards ceremony, we'll have three fabulous bands playing too.

Since, against all expectations, this show will mark a decade of debuachary for the Fudge Awards, we'll be donating all money raised to our attempt to drive a shitty little car to Ulaanbataar in the Mongol Rally 2010 (see elsewhere for details). Woo hoo!

SO! ... Let's get down to business.

THE FUDGE AWARDS - BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT 2010

This award celebrates the cream of non-local bands who've played for us over the last year. Usually, the list would be short. Six names or so.

But there's been too many great bands passing through Fudge gigs this year, so I decided to nominate the best fourteen. Because I can. Ha ha!

This category won't be appearing on the paper voting slips available at Fudge gigs, so consider this an internet free for all.

The Nominees:

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR - Belfast, N.I.

ASIWYFA - "LETTERS EP" COMING SOON on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

BLAZE BAYLEY - Metalville, Eng.

Blaze Bayley on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THE BROWNIES - Norwich, Eng.

the brownies on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

BULLFROG BROWN - Tartu, Est.

Bullfrog Brown on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ESTEL - Dublin, Ire.

ESTEL on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

HIJAK OSCAR - York, Eng.

Hijak Oscar on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

IMPERIAL LEISURE - London, Eng.

Imperial Leisure on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

MONSTERTONE - Stonerville, Neth.

MONSTERTONE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

NICE PETER - Los Angeles, U.S.A.

Nice Peter UK on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

RECKLESS ONES - Minneapolis, U.S.A.

Reckless Ones NEW SHOWS LISTED!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

RICKY WARWICK - Belfast, N.I.

RICKY WARWICK on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

TYLA - London, Eng.

Tyla and The Dogs on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THOMAS TRUAX - New York, U.S.A.

Thomas Truax on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ZOMBINA AND THE SKELETONES - Liverpool, Eng.

Zombina and the Skeletones on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Why would you want to be able to vote for more than one? That's retarded. Surely you vote for your favourite because you want them to win. Being able to vote twice makes a mockery of democracy and everything our ancestors fought and died for.

Maybe they were going for some kind of Mixed Member Proportional system...

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild

ASIWYFA.

I wasn't massively convinced with their metal/techy segment to proceedings, but when they focused more on dynamics and a bit of sheer emotion, they came to the fore with some really nicely structured pieces.

Decent band, like. I really like how they've gone about things and their DIY approach. :up:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...