aberdeen-music

Musicians wanted

I may, maaay be returning to Aberdeen in the next month or two. A big factor in this will be the possibility of forming a band with like-minded musicians.

Would be looking for a guitarist/bassist/keyboardist/second vocalist.

Music I write is mostly rattling indie pieces with influence from emo, usually less than 3 minutes long (not restricted to this is any means, just the sort of thing I'm writing right now). I am very happy to include more experimental elements too though, choral/classical and electro touches in particular.

Bands I like; Tokyo Police Club, early Idlewild, Broken Social Scene, Desaperacidos, Pavement.

Would be looking for people aged (roughly) between 17-24 with a look to creative input, as well as being at least moderately technically skilled.

My name is Craig, I sing and play a few different instruments and would be looking to play riddim' geetah.

Fire me a pm if you're interested.

Coming back to Aberdeen on a permanent basis? How so?

Hate my course, innit. Will keep you posted on the bass part, but just letting you know I've had one or two pretty good-sounding applicants.

That goes for you too Zander. I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks what's happening, if yr reading this.

Aye easy fair enough. To be honest, use me as a last resort. Because being brutally honest anything else would just be a bit of fun/a laugh for me, considering I'm looking at pushing forward with this folk/acoustic thing i'm trying to get off the ground. In a sad way, hope to see you back up in the Granite soon :)