aberdeen-music

Band of the moment...

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.163 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Which band is completely doing it for you right now?

I was at Kasabian in Wembley Arena tonight and think they are fucking awesome right now!

Muse would be pretty high up my list as well...

Guest Gladstone
What I have been mostly listening to the past few months are Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Frightened Rabbit, Trespassers William and Magnolia Electric Co.

The new Pelican record is also top notch.

I always forget just how good Nirvana was. For a few years the only album I owned was Nevermind, but when I was in maybe 3rd year at uni, I went out and bought the rest of the albums, and got right into them. I haven't had a proper listen for a while. You've just reminded me that I should go and listen to all their albums sometime very soon.

Marvellous, marvellous band.

Anything feat. John Barnes.

As in the John Barnes who delivered the "John Barnes Rap" on World in Motion by New Order?

Otherwise, I'm extremely impressed with The Horrors second album - the music is tip top.

Also digging RBRBR from Edinburgh - best live band I've seen in ages. They have a pilot at one end, and a ninja at the other who does little exlse other than glower at the audience and occasionally rattle shakey eggs - sublime. No, I don't know them. :)

Also digging RBRBR from Edinburgh - best live band I've seen in ages. They have a pilot at one end, and a ninja at the other who does little exlse other than glower at the audience and occasionally rattle shakey eggs - sublime. No, I don't know them. :)

YES! I saw them at The Skinny birthday party thing the other month, and they were ace. Occasionally pressing a butto on a laptop, while dancing in a fighter pilot outfit is surely the best role in any band ever.

I always forget just how good Nirvana was. For a few years the only album I owned was Nevermind, but when I was in maybe 3rd year at uni, I went out and bought the rest of the albums, and got right into them. I haven't had a proper listen for a while. You've just reminded me that I should go and listen to all their albums sometime very soon.

Marvellous, marvellous band.

Go listen now! I don't know if I could really trust anyone's opinion on music if they didn't love Nirvana.

Guest Gladstone
Go listen now! I don't know if I could really trust anyone's opinion on music if they didn't love Nirvana.

Put them on my ipod this morning when on the treadmill. Sadly I've so far only uploaded Nevermind and the unplugged album. I have a LOT of albums in the "to be uploaded" category, and apparently that includes most of Nirvana's back catalogue.

I did enjoy Nevermind this morning. First time I've listened for ages. :up: