aberdeen-music

Rock n roll novelty in Aberdeen

Hog

Do you think that the Aberdeen music scene is mostly made up of people who love music or people who dont give a shit and just want to look cool?

Im getting the impression that the scene is almost split in two (with a few exceptions here and there)

An example, some people like Spike, great! take away the banter and I bet we would hardly get a gig anywhere in Aberdeen. I mention a serious project Im working on but nobody gives a shit because it has no image and its just about music. Am I cynical or do you think I have a point?

Guest Snookum

I think aberdeen-music is split into two also.

1. The music lovers / people who just want to promote their bands.

2. and the shit heads who just want to talk about useless crap / argue in the wasteland. i'm part of the 2nd group...although, I'll talk about music at times.

Guest Stripey

I think there is a lack of genuine artists in aberdeen, and mostly it is made up of bands who have actual musical talent, but no real ideas and no real aspiration to create something fresh. It's just more of the same, over and over again.