aberdeen-music

Country/Americana Thread

Bigsby

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
At the moment I can't get enough of Richmond Fontaine to the point that I'm also reading main man Willy Vlautin's novel, Motel Life. Latest album, We Thought the Freeway was a River is bloody marvellous.

I bought Lean On Pete (his latest novel) at the Richmond Fontaine gig. Haven't got round to it but it's coming on holiday with me next week. Now that was a good gig. :up:

Currently listening to Seasick Steve, Hank Williams III, Crooked Still and most recently Foghorn Stringband in anticipation of seeing them at the Orkney Folk Festival end of next month. They are playing somewhere in Aberdeen on their way up the road and I'd urge you to go see them, based on their stuff on MySpace, they are reet good!

Currently listening to Seasick Steve, Hank Williams III, Crooked Still and most recently Foghorn Stringband in anticipation of seeing them at the Orkney Folk Festival end of next month. They are playing somewhere in Aberdeen on their way up the road and I'd urge you to go see them, based on their stuff on MySpace, they are reet good!

Blue Lamp on May 26th, apparently.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Zombie thread revival. Gimme some tunes to listen to. I like The Devil Makes Three, Old Crow Medicine Show, Josh T. Pearson and The Avett Brothers. Who should I listen to next?

Yas, Devil Makes Three are excellent.

I've been listening to American Beauty by The Grateful Dead a lot recently. You should too.