aberdeen-music

Stewart Lee

kirsten

I thought he was very funny, a bit safer than I would have expected and I really enjoyed the German guy, who's name escapes me just now, but I bought his DVD, Sometimes I find Stewart Lee's reliance on repetition a bit dull but it wasnt too bad last night, When i saw Richard Herring a year or so ago, he did a full 2 hour set and althoguh it was good some of it felt a bit stretched, and I was left thinking he shoul;d have done what Stewart Lee did last night as iot worked perfectly.

The man does seem to love Robert Pollard...

Lovely show. I saw it in Edinburgh and not much had changed, but a few little things. Still hilarious though. And Henning Wehn was a delightful surprise. I've been meaning to see him for a few years now, so it was a nice two-in-one.

StewLee was in the foyer afterwards signing things. I managed not to be a sycophant despite him being my favourite comeejin ever and instead spoke to him about the Male Nurse and Country Teasers.

Glad I've finally met him after seeing him just standing around at the Gilded Balloon in Edinburgh, just totally freezing and being unable to go say hi to him and hating myself ever since. All wrongs have now been righted!

Really enjoyed his set last night, although possibly not quite as good as his last couple of DVD sets... the music hall might have contributed to that, atmosphere-wise. Like Jester says, he was a little TOO heavy on repetition jokes.. I think one of those types of jokes per set is acceptable but he must have had at least 3 of them this time.

Awesome comedian though.

Didn't see this thread until now. I really enjoyed the show - had been humming and hahing for a while but decided to go when I saw Henning Wehn was supporting (the star of the last series of The Unbelievable Truth for me). I was up in the balcony and it was fine, but the music hall really didn't suit the set-up.