aberdeen-music

Only Revolutions!!

get lost

I think it's a good record. Took a few listens but I really like it.

The singles that have all been out are really good.

And I love the track Bubbles.

Everyone seems to be moaning that it's not 'old' biffy but I fucking hate when people moan at bands for changing.

The new songs all seemed to fit quite well alongside older stuff when I saw them last week. I even think the new songs sound far better than older stuff like 27 and Justboy now (or maybe it's that i've seen those songs performed live about 20 times).

From what i've heard of this album i like it a lot better than Puzzles, which i thought was rather poor and sounded like a Foo Fighters rip-off.

Whilst i still like Blackened Sky it hasn't really stood the test of time. I really have to have my 2002 hat on to listen to it.

Vertigo of Bliss and Infinity Land are my favourite albums and the new one won't change that but it is still a return to form in my opinion and well worth a listen.

Had it for a week or so and its grown on me. Agree its better than Puzzle which i found a tad sickly. The thing i probably like about Biffy the most is all their albums are pretty strong throughout. Shock Shock & Whores are my favourites at the moment. Still not as good as Blackened Sky or Vertigo of Bliss but as strong as Infinity Land imo.

The album bores me. Granted it may take time, but it just bores me. I hope it just needs more listens.

I was even bored at the gig last Monday at the Barrowlands. They played well as usual, the lights were amazing, the crowd were (mostly) good, however, the problem might have had something to do with too much Puzzle which I've seen live so many times now.

Blackened Sky remains my favourite Biffy album.

I thought Puzzle was the album where they "got big"?

Album sounds better than it's predeccesor. Singles are solid enough, though, somehow, Biffy always make fucking awful videos. They have never had one that didn't make me cringe at some point or another. The Captain is a fucking shite video.

Though I digress. Album is average on the first listen. Used to fucking love this band but lost interest since Puzzle. Would still see them live, tho.

I'm debating whether or not to get this, as I just could not get into Puzzles at all. I used to absolutely adore this band but there just seemed to be too much of a jump in style for me between Infinity Land and Puzzles. However, I saw one single on the telly that I quite liked so I might buy this.

Check it out on Spotify first?

If it's a winner, then buy buy buy!

I have heard it. It's alright. Nothing spectacular, not awful either. It will probably grow on me

I can get over the new stuff being less interesting and prog than the vertigo of bliss and infinity land.

What really annoys me though is their insistance on playing the filler tracks on puzzle live rather than more tunes off the first three albums.

meh

They have gone a bit mainstream but surely you should like an album because it's good, not just because you liked the band 5 albums ago. If they didn't develop musically then they probably wouldn't be around.

I really like the new album, the singles are catchy and have great big juicy choruses and the rest of the tracks are strong. Plus any band which writes a song with the lyric 'preposterous hooves' is a winner with me.