aberdeen-music

Special Albums

Oedo 808

Do you just mean albums that you like?

Not really, I think all of the above albums are special. The artists involved captured lightning in a bottle and made something above and beyond what was expected.

Album-18107-2235042-poo.jpg

Not 'special' but a perfectly acceptable pop punk CD with a few surprises. I'm still proud of this release. "Swallow This, Punk!" does exactly what it says on the tin - it's no better but it's definitely no worse than some of the "big bands" of the time.

For me "0% Attendace, 100% Punktuality" by Quik is an example of a PERFECT CD. You can not fault it because it works on every level.

"Swallow This, Punk!"

Download the whole fucking thing.. I doubt an Aberdeen band will ever release a pop punk CD that tops it... unless it's us.

For me there are a number of albums I never get tired of and I feel they captured something above and beyond the call of duty, special albums I suppose which make up the core of my ipod play list, includes:

Metallica - Master Of Puppets, Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning

Slayer - Reign In Blood, South Of Heaven

Anthrax - Among The Living, Spreading The Disease

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave

AC/DC - Back In Black, Highway To Hell

McQueen - Break The Silence

Faith No More - Angel Dust, The Real Thing

The Cult - Electric

SOAD - Toxicity

Rammstein - Reise Reise, Rosenrot

Annihilator - Alice In Hell

Xentrix - Shattered Existence

Sabbat - Dreamweaver, History Of A Time To Come

Testament - The Legacy, The New Order

Megadeth - Peace Sells, Countdown To Extinction

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime, Empire

Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules

Dio - Holy Diver, The Last In Line

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade

Motorhead - Overkill, Inferno

Death Angel - The Ultraviolence

Nightwish - Once

Paradise Lost - Draconion Times

Dream Theater - Octavarium

Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King

Overkill - Taking Over, Horrorscope

I know there is a fair few there but I listen to a lot of music so my fav album list is pretty long, arguably could be longer as there were a few fine calls there.

Any more of that and I'm going to fire you from E2V.

You're out of your jurisdiction Rathen!

Plus, Kirk is a big fan and I got Darkness on the Edge of Town played in its entirety without a complaint on our recent trip. Two of the finest albums ever made in my opinion. Give them a listen :up:

You're out of your jurisdiction Rathen!

Plus, Kirk is a big fan and I got Darkness on the Edge of Town played in its entirety without a complaint on our recent trip. Two of the finest albums ever made in my opinion. Give them a listen :up:

You know, I just might. The only Springsteen stuff I know is "Born In The USA" and "Dancing In The Dark", but that was enough to put me off for life, but maybe I've written "The Boss" off too soon. I'll fire up Spotify and give him another chance...

Aphex Twin- Drukqs

Slowdive- Souvlaki

Cocteau Twins- Treasure

Dmx Krew- Nu Romantix

Placebo-Placebo

Helios- Eingya

-Ziq-Royal Astronomy

Blonde Redhead- In an Expression of the Inexpressible

Christopher Willits- Surf Boundaries

Autechre- Incunabula

Drexciya- The Quest

Each got something special in my opinion.

You know, I just might. The only Springsteen stuff I know is "Born In The USA" and "Dancing In The Dark", but that was enough to put me off for life, but maybe I've written "The Boss" off too soon. I'll fire up Spotify and give him another chance...

Born In The USA is a great song. Especially since it seems to be completely misunderstood by daft Americans. It beautifully served its purpose.

The River and Nebraska are my favourite Bruce records. Darkness On The Edge Of Town a close 3rd.

Born In The USA is a great song. Especially since it seems to be completely misunderstood by daft Americans. It beautifully served its purpose.

The River and Nebraska are my favourite Bruce records. Darkness On The Edge Of Town a close 3rd.

Seconded! It's well worth listening beyond the two 'hits', they're not indicative of Springsteen's catalogue at all!!

'Atlantic City' is probably my favourite Springsteen song. The album version and live version are really different, too! Both are incredible!

Seconded! It's well worth listening beyond the two 'hits', they're not indicative of Springsteen's catalogue at all!!

'Atlantic City' is probably my favourite Springsteen song. The album version and live version are really different, too! Both are incredible!

Atlantic City is great. I love the distant vocal harmony on the chorus, like he is shouting it from around the corner.

There's an acoustic version of Born In The USA which was meant to be on Nebraska. Again, it's totally different. Really good.