aberdeen-music

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith! OH NOES!

waltz

I'm a fan of all their output until this century. I'm a million miles from gutted though and I don't know what will be worse out of a Tyler-less Aerosmith and a Tyler solo project.

Their cheesier late 80's and 90's stuff that they are probably best known for isn't a reflection on their earlier albums which I would argue give them proper musical credibility as one of the great rock bands of their time.

But that's just my opinion.

Nine Lives was the first rock album I ever bought and I absolutely adored them as a kid. Used to tie my mums silk scarves round a toy microphone and pretend I was Steven Tyler.

Around the time of all the mid-90's Brit-Pop stuff, looking at old pictures of Aerosmith was like a different, amazing world. Haven't listened to them properly for years, but Steven Tyler leaving is effectively the end of Aerosmith which does make me sad, if only mainly for nostalgia.

I've got all their albums except Honkin' On Bobo, and was a huge fan in my younger days. I don't care for them so much these days, I never really liked their 70s stuff that much, and most of the early 80s stuff was atrocious but they really turned it round with Permanent Vacation, and I really liked everything from Pump onwards. Get A Grip and Nine Lives are ace albums.

Still, not that bothered about them splitting up, but I'd like to have seen them live.

I've got all their albums except Honkin' On Bobo, and was a huge fan in my younger days. I don't care for them so much these days, I never really liked their 70s stuff that much, and most of the early 80s stuff was atrocious but they really turned it round with Permanent Vacation, and I really liked everything from Pump onwards. Get A Grip and Nine Lives are ace albums.

Still, not that bothered about them splitting up, but I'd like to have seen them live.

I agree on Get a Grip and Nine Lives. :up: Just Push Play was a bit shit though.

Honkin on Bobo was the worst album I ever bought. Unbelievably terrible although I can't say I'm much of a fan of the blues genre. I reckon those who are fans would have thought it a disgrace also.

I quite liked Just Push Play.... I've got a lot of their live stuff as well, some of it's really good, some of it not so good. I never bought Honkin' On Bobo cos I don't really like Aerosmith covering old blues jams live that go on for 10 self-indulgent minutes so I figured the album would be much the same.

Nine Lives though, I can't believe that album didn't get more attention, it's fucking brilliant from start to finish.