aberdeen-music

Converting Vob file to a different dvd format

Free Korps

I'm having problems showing a DVD through many different PC's, the DVD is a Vob format file so my solution is to convert this and burn alternative formats & also to take a flash drive with something like the VLC player to perhaps avoid PC's not recognising the file or running it.

After a search on google there are a few Free programs that claim to offer this kinda service, just wondered if anyone on here had recommendations.

Cheers.

ps sorry didn't know if this was best suited for technology or tv/movie sub-forum.

I'm having problems showing a DVD through many different PC's, the DVD is a Vob format file so my solution is to convert this and burn alternative formats & also to take a flash drive with something like the VLC player to perhaps avoid PC's not recognising the file or running it.

After a search on google there are a few Free programs that claim to offer this kinda service, just wondered if anyone on here had recommendations.

Cheers.

ps sorry didn't know if this was best suited for technology or tv/movie sub-forum.

HandBrake

Mac or Windows. You can convert to mp4 formats which VLC can play. However if this is a commerical DVD then you may also need a decrypter. My personal fave is:

SlySoft AnyDVD | any dvd, region free, dvd copy, copy dvd movies, dvd decoder, dvd ripper, macrovision, dvd copying software

It's not freeware but it does have a time limited demo that may be enough for you if this is a one time use situation.