aberdeen-music

Girls

Old Gold

This band have an un-google-able first album/name combination (despite rating considerably high in the search listing), a shit band name, retro stylings, and a wikipedia article humorously suggesting that their frontman is a member of a Christian-based cult.

On principle I hate their marketing ploy, but they do the Elvis Costello meets fuzz-pop thing really well. I recommend a sly download. They're asking for it.

They are also all naturists. I saw it in one of the tabloids months ago. There's loads of pictures of them all naked on the intornetz. (Also in the tabloids but they put fuzzy boxes over their fuzzy boxes)

I have a feeling I'm talking about a completely different band to everyone else. The band I'm talking about are a girl band, like Girls Aloud or some shit.

What a shite title

I kinda like what they've done with it - if you have a s/t debut then people will end up referring to it as "the (band name) album" anyway.

Another good thing about this band - the album artwork features photographs of hot girls. Which is a lot better than bearded indie rock types as per usual...

Yeah, I think it was more because there's been a whole raft of "fuzzy, noisy duos" recently, so I think I'd just (wrongly) lumped them in the same lot.

GIRLS is a 4-piece I think. I can't get into them on record, but they might be one of those bands that I need to listen a few times before they click with me.

As a side-note, I loved being recommended both GIRLS and Women by last.fm, it was as if the internet was telling me I needed a girlfriend, somehow. Yes, I'm a big geek.

GIRLS is a 4-piece I think. I can't get into them on record, but they might be one of those bands that I need to listen a few times before they click with me.

As a side-note, I loved being recommended both GIRLS and Women by last.fm, it was as if the internet was telling me I needed a girlfriend, somehow. Yes, I'm a big geek.

There are two of them, they have a live drummer and second guitarist though.