aberdeen-music

if saga did bands they would sound like this

djb303

Hi 51 been away from playing for 10 years are there any older guys out there that would like to put a pop / rock band together ...........some classic stuff and some of the newer guitar bands...........i play guitar and sing was around the city / country scene for a lot of years back in the day ha ha ha ..............................been back 2 years playing in a 2 piece with midi backing sort of want to move on ...i am happy enough to play with backing tracks with the right people / person but it would be a lot more fun to play with a full band older guys with experience / younger guys who want to give it a go i don't mind i don't have any influences i just like music.....

so to re-cap.....................lead / vocals .....bass / vocals.....drums / no vocals ( well we all know drummers can't sing and play at the same time...........apologies mr knight )..........

no point asking for keys / vocals cause you can't find a key board player in aberdeen.......unless like me you can play one finger keys on a yamaha mm6 vocals are not a must .................. do i sound needy ????????

from alan

Hi djb303, I'm an "older guy" guitarist/vocalist. My tastes are varied and I've had wide experience gigging with Virtual Floyd, Dave Harris Band and The Miserable Sinners. Rather than rabbit on I'll let the music do the talking. You can hear me by googling sydneydrumtutor Simon Abbott. He used to play with me in Abbd before he emigrated. Follow links to Dave Harris Band and Virtual Floyd. Although I can sing lead I wqould like to take a step back from that (ie sing harmonies) and concentrate more on the guitar. I like your thread by the way. Witty. All the best Alan

Oldie bass player available

Hi, like you I've been away from the music scene for a while, played in various bands in the central belt in the late 70's and 80's. Played in rock bands, dance bands (playing weddings etc), covers bands, original music bands etc. I'm 50 and would like to get back playing again now the family are grown up.

Play a vintage Gibson EBO bass thats just about as old as I am! Do backing vocals, harmonies etc but not lead vocals.:up:

Why not... thats one damn groovy moustach...

well for one thing our moustaches would be white and the age group the ad is aimed at ) ( i'm not ageist young guys and girls can apply ) apart from me and jamie affro i wouldn't expect any of the guys to have so much hair ........

there are probably places where you can get treatment for your facial hair obsessions and if i wasn't so lazy i could look up along name for it oh and also we were around at that time and probably had those zapata things going on but were to stoned to remember jesus this is just petering out............................

well for one thing our moustaches would be white and the age group the ad is aimed at ) ( i'm not ageist young guys and girls can apply ) apart from me and jamie affro i wouldn't expect any of the guys to have so much hair ........

there are probably places where you can get treatment for your facial hair obsessions and if i wasn't so lazy i could look up along name for it oh and also we were around at that time and probably had those zapata things going on but were to stoned to remember jesus this is just petering out............................

I was at one of their gigs at the Hammersmith Odeon in the early80's, I was at the end of tour party afterwards and when none of the band showed up to accept a Platinum album an EMI exec threw it through a window (he was coked out of his nut) the window was french doors into the pool and the hotel had to close it and drain it.... tosser!!