aberdeen-music

New Music To Me.....

xDamerx

I've been listening to Hadouken for a while now, and really like that sort of whatever you'd call it music. Thing is I have no clue of any other bands that sound like that, as I listen to hardcore mostly(not only though). I got the remix version of the new Bring Me The Horizon and some of the techno shit that is on that album is pretty awesome, one act that did a remix was Tek-One, which I have found on myspace, but they pretty much have no downloads or albums. Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone has some ideas of some bands or acts I would like that would sort of be along the lines of Hadouken, or even that sort of drum and bass sort of stuff!!

Thanks dudes!

Urm if your wanting mixes of metal with dancey type stuff... maybe try these?

Ted Maul... death metal/ drum n bass -> TED MAUL on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Blood Stain Child melodeath with trancey style bits..? -> BLOOD STAIN CHILD on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads this song isn't on myspace but overall gives the best idea of their newer stuff

Could name more but as I said probs not what you're looking for!

EDIT... I missed out probs the best 2 experimental bands. Genghis Tron and Rolo Tomassi. Have a look for yourself!

Audio Bullys maybe.

Or you could just not bother with looking for new stuff and listen to old Prodigy albums.

Depends what aspect of Hadouken you like I suppose.

Dunno about this Bring Me The Horizon remixes you speak of but generally when the two worlds collide it's pretty awful. A band I think pull it off are Punish Yourself. I've already jizzed over them on the pages of this site before. One of the best bands I've seen live despite sounding dangerously close to Original Spies suggestion..

Only a small part of the BMTH Remixed album is listenable,

I am sure that was the case with the originals too ;)

But yeah in seriousness Rolo Tomassi and Genghis Tron are musts

YouTube - Rolo Tomassi - I Love Turbulence

Love em or hate em but iwrestledabearonce use a fair bit of electronics in some of their stuff. The album was surprisingly good! I was expecting it to be rubbish!

YouTube - iwrestledabearonce - The Cat's Pajamas

then of course the immortal Tastes Like Kevin Bacon

maybe try The Locust?

I am sure that was the case with the originals too ;)

But yeah in seriousness Rolo Tomassi and Genghis Tron are musts

YouTube - Rolo Tomassi - I Love Turbulence

Love em or hate em but iwrestledabearonce use a fair bit of electronics in some of their stuff. The album was surprisingly good! I was expecting it to be rubbish!

YouTube - iwrestledabearonce - The Cat's Pajamas

then of course the immortal Tastes Like Kevin Bacon

maybe try The Locust?

The Locust and Hadouken shouldn't be mentioned in the same thread unless it's one called "All Music Ever".

• Upvote 1

The Locust and Hadouken shouldn't be mentioned in the same thread unless it's one called "All Music Ever".

But you will notice the original post mentioned more than just Hadouken :p You would normally not mention BMTH and Hadouken in the same sentence either. I was just merely putting what I consider to be good metal bands who use a fair amount of electronics. Granted they are probably not what OP is looking for but it's worth a try... although he was looking for more dancey type electronics.. so I was way off the mark :p

With that in mind I heartily recommend Attack Attack! On a more serious note tried the nintendocore style stuff? HORSE the Band, early Sky Eats Airplane etc?

Genghis Tron and Rolo Tomassi and to an extent the locust, are the bomb,

But I wouldnt say they were dance mixed as i believe OP was looking for stuff more like the bmth remixed album,

Where as R.T + G.T both have Little bits with Keys between there madness, and the locust just have keys playing madness,

Rolo Tomassi - I Love Turbulence,

Genghis Tron - Lazer Bitch and Ride the Steambolt are all tunes,

But i dont think they are what OP had in mind,

:S

But you will notice the original post mentioned more than just Hadouken :p You would normally not mention BMTH and Hadouken in the same sentence either. I was just merely putting what I consider to be good metal bands who use a fair amount of electronics. Granted they are probably not what OP is looking for but it's worth a try... although he was looking for more dancey type electronics.. so I was way off the mark :p

With that in mind I heartily recommend Attack Attack! On a more serious note tried the nintendocore style stuff? HORSE the Band, early Sky Eats Airplane etc?

HORSE The Band called themselves Nintendocore to take this piss, although it seems to have been picked up in popular lingo now.

HORSE The Band piss on anything else that has been recommended in this thread.

Genghis Tron and Rolo Tomassi and to an extent the locust, are the bomb,

But I wouldnt say they were dance mixed as i believe OP was looking for stuff more like the bmth remixed album,

Where as R.T + G.T both have Little bits with Keys between there madness, and the locust just have keys playing madness,

Rolo Tomassi - I Love Turbulence,

Genghis Tron - Lazer Bitch and Ride the Steambolt are all tunes,

But i dont think they are what OP had in mind,

:S

Check out Blood Stain Child who I put in my first post! Probably the only band I did mention who fit what he was after

HORSE The Band called themselves Nintendocore to take this piss, although it seems to have been picked up in popular lingo now.

HORSE The Band piss on anything else that has been recommended in this thread.

Good grief, they really don't. awful band.

Most stuff in here is quite awful though, except Rolo Tamassi.

Not a big fan of Hadoken. They had some pretty sick noises though and music should be all about sick noises sometimes. I'll throw in some more recommendations.

Any Minute Now by Soulwax seems to have been an influential album in the past few years. There's some really thick, fat sounding electronics on this album and the rock style song structures make it a great cross over record.

YouTube - Soulwax * E-talking

Atari Teenage Riot are incredibly divisive, but with a bit of time and without being subjected to their sometimes silly posturing, they were pretty incredible. I love the fact that some people seem to agressively hate them when they were doing some pretty cool shit for the time they were around. I'm pretty biased though...

I feel I'm maybe stating the obvious here, but (I'll probably catch so much shit for this...) Crystal Castles? The band themselves seem like pricks, but goddamn if that thick, glitchy, punky sound they have doesn't do it for me. I really love that squelchy kind of sound they do.

At work, so don't have a huge amont of time but Justice, Digitalism, Tiga, Boys Noize and various other electronic acts of their ilk may itch that scratch you have.

• 3 months later...
on the poppy dance / rock stuff try

Does it offend you, Yeah? The Klaxons, Late of the pier, Shitdisco, Enter Shikari [maybe], Crystal Castles, Test Icicles

klaxons. good call.

i'd also recommend The mad capsule markets and WAGDUG (futuristic unity)

also try AA = (all animals are equal) though you'll be hard pressed to find a phsical copy of their CD anywhere. i eventually gave up and resorted to going through itunes but its the most second expensive album i've ever paid for.

(p.s, i'm going on your description in your first post as i've never heard hadouken that i can recall. heard of them though )

etc