aberdeen-music

Galaxy of Fire seek bassist, drummer and more!

framheim

45gof.png

aberdeen's soon to be finest purveyors of post-doom stoner grooves - galaxy of fire - require the services of a drummer and a bass player. also we'd quite like to get a keyboard player/sound manipulator person as well to create atmospheric soundscapes and general fucked up noises.

if you would like to be considered for the above positions then please pm me, email me or reply here.

for listening ideas think isis, kyuss, neurosis, electric wizard, eyehategod, three stages of pain, godspeed you black emperor, breach, cult of luna, etc etc. but that's just a couple of influences, it doesn't need to sound like that, just that's the inspiration for doing it.

doom or be doomed. :bat:

Guest stuartmaxwell

this sounds good, abou time aberdeen got a heavy band that isnt metal and isnt punk, am i right in thinking along the lines of stand up guy/pelican meeting a sonic explosion??

you could have called it "the office"(ers)

ho ,ho

I`ve wanted to play in a Will Haven Style band for ages.....

Hmm

probably won't sound too much like will haven i'm afraid, though they were fucking ace. it'll probably be slower(judging by the couple of songs me and chris have already worked on) but who could say for sure once the rest of the band appear. the one almost finished song starts off kinda like isis then goes all electric wizard. which is cool. i think once we get more people involved it'll be easier to stretch the sound though into something more individual.

i miss Will Haven. I never even got to see them live :: weeps ::

Yeah i kinda get the whole guitarist-who-can't-do-anything-else thing a lot, but ah well. I reckon i would be a bit piss at playing bass in a metal band. Very nice range of influences though. :up:

Theres just no room in the majority of bands for 3 guitarists. Grrr!

I'm quite pissed at myself for my lack of ability to diversify, cause this almost sounds right up my street. Well, if there is place for ultra high amounts of bass.

Lol, gotta love seventring guitars tuned to A played through a bass amp. :up:

still need a keyboard player or something similar if anyones interested. just something to make the sound interesting and add some atmosphere to the sound as well. if anyone is into sampling and soundscapes and stuff then we could be interested in that kind of thing too.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i well wanted to put my hat into this project

shame i move to glasgow soon, i would have loved to play bass in this band

i well wanted to put my hat into this project

shame i move to glasgow soon' date=' i would have loved to play bass in this band[/quote']

and we'd have been lucky to have you *sniff*

i'm sure you'll find lots of people in glasgow who'll fit into a band with you nicely maxi!