aberdeen-music

Good pubs in Edinburgh?

kirkt

Guest idol_wild

The Blue Blazer, just beyond the Grassmarket is brilliant.

Also, check out The Bowery, on Roxburgh Place. Nothing on tap but some tremednous bottled ales from a brewery in Alloa. You'll love this place. Good mellow alternative tunes on the go, too. Open from 5pm every evening until 11pm. If you dislike this place, I'll eat my hat.

Cheers for the responses, going down during the week for the first time without a gig being the sole purpose of the visit. Thought itd be a good opportunity to try some new places besides Bannermans and Henrys Cellar Bar so we will be sure to check out a couple of these pubs on our travels!

Not a pub but Wannaburger are the fucking nuts. The burgers are milkshakes are fantastic. There is one up on the Royal Mile, just opposite the Fringe shop, and there are plenty of good pubs close by for pints after.

There's another Wannaburger at the Rutland end of Princes Street, across the road from House of Fraser. They are damn good burgers.

Cheers for the responses, going down during the week for the first time without a gig being the sole purpose of the visit. Thought itd be a good opportunity to try some new places besides Bannermans and Henrys Cellar Bar so we will be sure to check out a couple of these pubs on our travels!

I always stop off for a few pints in The Black Rose on Rose Street as well, anywhere that has Slayer on the jukebox is good with me!

The Blue Blazer is also a good tip from above, a mate of mine James Nisbet is the manager and he is good for a banter.

I recall Bannermans toilets being horrible from playing there before. I enjoyed playing there.

Only made it to one of the above mentioned pubs: the brass monkey, really good atmosphere in there, although would have been easy to fall asleep on that massive bed.

Also stopped by at a couple others - particuarly enjoyed The Advocate