aberdeen-music

Gig & Event Forum

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

About 24 hours ago I tried to post about a gig yet it still hasn't received approval and surfaced on the sub-forum. Can a moderator please offer an insight as to why that is? This has happened once before and a moderator then claimed that there was no sign of the post for them to approve in the first place.

Please advise.

Guest idol_wild
No idea about the last time, but if you mean the Meursault gig then it should be showing now, as I have just approved it. We do try, but sometimes we just can't give as quick a response as we or you might like.

Eeexcellent. Thank you. :up:

I have just came on here for the exact same reason. I posted a thread regarding The Cut Ups and frustrated that it has still not appeared, re-posted it yesterday at around 7.30pm and have yet to see it show up again. Like Phil, this has happened to me on a number of occasions over the last year.

I posted one over a week ago in the Gigs forum and it still hasn't appeared.

What gig was it for, and when did you post it? If it was the Bo Ningen one, that was posted on the 23rd Oct at 21.43, and I approved it at 21.46. I don't think there are any posts left waiting for approval now. If it really has just disappeared for no reason, I'll get Neil to check there's not something technical going on.

Sometime you get lucky and there will be staff aplenty to rake through and approve everything, other times none of us might be available for a little while. We all tend to come online at different times, and we just can't guarantee to have 24 hour 7 day coverage I'm afraid.

And if I see something has been waiting for a little while then obviously reposted, I'll only approve one version and the other one gets deleted.

Aha, I see it now. luckily there hasnt been too many posts since then, however other occasions, by the time my event has appeared it has disapperared from the first page...

Regular bumping of their own threads by certain members does make new posts fall (from grace) very quickly sometimes.

(must be to do with the special handshake)

I should point out that the only circumstances in which an event would get rejected during moderation if it's for an event significantly out with the Aberdeen area (e.g. a gig in Glasgow, Dundee etc) or most commonly, it's not actually an event but a post about something else entirely. So although it may take a few days to get moderated, it should eventually appear.

I'm still working on the new events system but once it's finished then the calendar on here will be frozen and eventually removed. The new system is much improved and will hopefully make it easier for all concerned.

What gig was it for, and when did you post it? If it was the Bo Ningen one, that was posted on the 23rd Oct at 21.43, and I approved it at 21.46. I don't think there are any posts left waiting for approval now. If it really has just disappeared for no reason, I'll get Neil to check there's not something technical going on.

Sometime you get lucky and there will be staff aplenty to rake through and approve everything, other times none of us might be available for a little while. We all tend to come online at different times, and we just can't guarantee to have 24 hour 7 day coverage I'm afraid.

And if I see something has been waiting for a little while then obviously reposted, I'll only approve one version and the other one gets deleted.

It was for the Daniel Padden one. Would have been around the same time I posted it in the imp forum. 21st Oct at 13.51?

Apologies if I'm being a total thicko and just can't find it.

It was for the Daniel Padden one. Would have been around the same time I posted it in the imp forum. 21st Oct at 13.51?

Apologies if I'm being a total thicko and just can't find it.

We've got the Daniel Padden one in the IMP forum but there's no sign of it in Gigs & Events. For whatever reason, it looks like it never even made it to the approval queue. There is the resonant frequencies one which you posted in both about the same time - it was approved at 17.56 on the 22nd.