aberdeen-music

Progressive Rock is evil!

Guest Sundaram

The religious right wing have it almost right for once. Drums solos that last for > 2 seconds, bands that include Phil Collins and excessively loud keyboards can make prog rock the most evil form of music around*.... Of course Krautrock is evil as well, but is better than normal prog :bat:

Dave

* basically any band that Bill Bailey could have been a member of

*paging Jester147090210*

I don't actually like most prog rck except fro Marillion and Fish, can't think of another band I like that comes under prog except maybe for the first Transatlantic album :-p In general I prefer acoustic rock music so nyer :-p

And I was very disappointed by the Marillion show in Glasgow last night...

Cheers

Stuart

I am praying for Philip to be delivered from the Dark side. He lent me some live King Crimson albums, and, having slaughtered a few virgins, and had carnal knowledge of chickens I now know he was only trying to lead me astray.

Kitchen Cynics............................snatched from the jaws of Hell!!............

I am praying for Philip to be delivered from the Dark side. He lent me some live King Crimson albums' date=' and, having slaughtered a few virgins, and had carnal knowledge of chickens I now know he was only trying to lead me astray.

Kitchen Cynics............................snatched from the jaws of Hell!!............[/quote']

If you ever want to annoy Cavern Mike ask him why all prog rock is cr@p... This leads to him turning into MESmith....

If you ever want to annoy Cavern Mike ask him why all prog rock is cr@p... This leads to him turning into MESmith....

That sounds like fun, Dave...........maybe on Saturday morning!

Kitchen Cynics........................set the controls for the heart of the Sunday League.....

I don't actually like most prog rck except fro Marillion and Fish' date=' can't think of another band I like that comes under prog except maybe for the first Transatlantic album :-p In general I prefer acoustic rock music so nyer :-p

And I was very disappointed by the Marillion show in Glasgow last night...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

What went wrong?

I saw the link before ;)

What went wrong?

I saw the link before ;)

It just seemed a lot duller than usual Marillion shows, too much of the new stuff which I can't get properly into and too much 'look how great musicians we are' moments... The only part it came alive was the encore where they played stuff off the first Hogarth era album Season's End, that was it

real shame...

Cheers

Stuart

I saw some sets of the new shows on the Dream Theater board. Seems they play the new stuff & basically no Fish-era songs

They've not consistantly played any Fish stuff since 95, only really on spoecial occassions and I truly believe they are worse for it, it seems silly not to showcase a few songs from your most successfull by far era, still they seem to pretend the Fish era diidn't happen,

Cheers

Stuart