aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Teabags

Whats so fucking special about this?

I know, first thing I thought of was the Union Street - Bridge Street/Union Terrace junction, where we've been crossing diagonally for years. Nice to see London are finally catching up with us.

Guest orphan

seems like people in other major cities dont cross diagonally though. i've been in cities in england where they cross one side, then wait to cross the other.

So it's not me missing something completely, and is in fact just that people in london are thick as shit? That they think stopping traffic from all directions is "a triumph for British engineering, Japanese innovation and good old fashioned common sense"?

I'm actually fucking amazed.

I was going to quote that as well but also liked the next quote of:

"The head scratching frustration caused by the previous design is over and we've brought one of the world's greatest crossroads into the twenty-first century," he added.

How was the previous design head scratching? Could they not have just changed the software of the traffic lights and stick up a few signs highlighting the change of the sequence?

London Mayor Boris Johnson unveiled the crossing by striking a cymbal.

He should have unveiled it by hitting whoever thought of this in the ballsack. How on earth has this only come about now to London? Bunch of spackers.

Why'd it make the news? Because it's a very busy, well-known junction in the UK's top city.

Why'd it cost 5m?

The redesign doubles the amount of pavement

Sounds like a lot of night-time digging to me.