aberdeen-music

LOS CAMPESINOS! + Swanton Bombs + Islet - Mon 15 feb - Tunnels

rcalder82

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, download it, if I like it, then I'll buy it, no point in buying a CD then finding out I dont actually like it

I feel the same way about food. And cars. And clothes. I think I have the right to take them and try them out, see if I like them, etc etc and then, after some time has passed and I have gained some use out of said goods, I then decide if I should pay or not.

funny that because you get tasters of food, you can test drive cars and you can returns clothes if you dont like them 8)

In that case, stream the songs from a legal source then. I don't think it's right to just take and then decide whether its to be paid for afterwards. It works in principle but the temptation is always there to just not go out and buy the record because you already have the songs.

I would hate to tot up the amount of cash I've spent over the years buying albums to see what they are like, not liking them and selling them on at a loss....I've bought albums because I liked the cover before....I'm a right mug, the only album I've ever downloaded was 'In Rainbows' and not even when it was free initially, it was a free download when paying however much the fancy vinyl box set was....

Or download it as it was easier at the time? If I intend to buy the album what does it matter?

Because not everyone intends to buy the release when downloading, so by listening to the album via that source, you're supporting this. Bands will make available how much of an album they want you to hear in advance. It's THEIR album, to do with as THEY please. I can't think of any recent release where I've not been able to hear at least a handful of songs in advance of release. You can also preview tracks on iTunes, Amazon, etc...