aberdeen-music

WANTED: Bass Cabinet

Adam Easy Wishes

I will be playing this through it: http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/B-5R.PDF

And require it to be loud enough to gig and take on tour. Would like speakers that are warm sounding. Not too hot on working out power handling/ohmage requirements - perhaps you could assist based on the above?

Not sure about a budget yet, and have no issues with how it looks as long as it sounds good.

:up:

Not too hot on working out power handling/ohmage requirements - perhaps you could assist based on the above?

All the info is on the last page of your manual! :up:

It appears we are in the '"I'll know it when I hear it" stage of shopping.

If you can make it to Edinburgh, I can line 'em up in my room and turn you loose....

Worst world scenario is you hear a load of gear, learn what the B5 likes (for those "you can use our house cab" gigs) - and have some fun!

It appears we are in the '"I'll know it when I hear it" stage of shopping.

If you can make it to Edinburgh, I can line 'em up in my room and turn you loose....

Worst world scenario is you hear a load of gear, learn what the B5 likes (for those "you can use our house cab" gigs) - and have some fun!

To be honest, I doubt I'll be down in Edinburgh in the near future, and if I am certainly not with time to play a bunch of cabs (regardless of how much fun it may be...).

Do you have any idea at all how much you're willing to spend? I've got a badass 2x15 cab which was custom made by Allan Gordon of London for a friend of mine. It's in near mint condition. I think he only had it out of the house a couple of times and I've not gigged it at all. AG has retired from making stuff nowadays but from what I understand from looking it up when I got it, he was pretty highly regarded.If you're just looking for something to fling in the back of a van and batter through gigs with then it's probably not the one for you, but if you're looking for something which will last you then it might be an option.

Ive got one of these gathering dust back home in montrose (could have it up at the weekend)

Buy Peavey TVX 410 EX 4X10 Bass Speaker Cabinet | Amp Cabinets | Musician's Friend

probably be looking for 150 for it, gigged once,its immaculate and its not been played in like 1 1/2 years

Is it the 8 ohm model you have as opposed to the 4 ohm?

I have limited disposable cash just now, so something middle-of-the-road is what I'm looking for. Like you say - fling in a van and batter through gigs with, without sounding awful.

Sounds very, very nice though. If I win the lottery, I'll be in touch. :]

No worries chief. It's sitting in the house of a friend in Dunblane just now, along with the customised Trace Elliot head which came with it, so I figured I'd let you know. I didn't need either of them when I got them but it was too good to miss when it came up. Sadly I just don't have the space for it all any more, hence it being in Dunblane!

Hope you get what you're after

I will be playing this through it: http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/B-5R.PDF

And require it to be loud enough to gig and take on tour. Would like speakers that are warm sounding. Not too hot on working out power handling/ohmage requirements - perhaps you could assist based on the above?

Not sure about a budget yet, and have no issues with how it looks as long as it sounds good.

:up:

you need a minimum 200 watt cab 400 watts would be better the speakers are the most important part of your sound