aberdeen-music

Brand New Brand New?

MC Nice Andrew

Brand New - Daisy

Anyone heard it?

The previous one took a while for me to get into but ultimately that was part of the appeal and subsequenty became one of my favorite albums.

But this new one has left me less than excited; its quite alot more grungy which isn't a bad thing at all, though it's just i can't seem to see it's beauty, if it's there at all.

Maybe my expectations were too high, anyone else feel the same?

Brand New - Daisy

Anyone heard it?

The previous one took a while for me to get into but ultimately that was part of the appeal and subsequenty became one of my favorite albums.

But this new one has left me less than excited; its quite alot more grungy which isn't a bad thing at all, though it's just i can't seem to see it's beauty, if it's there at all.

Maybe my expectations were too high, anyone else feel the same?

Yeah, i'm with you on that. I loved "The Devil and God..." but this one doesn't quite have the depth of previous efforts. Maybe it will be a grower though. I found the last one very immediate on listening.

be gone... i can't even believe they put that on daisy. it is terrible.

gasoline, sink and at the bottom are really good songs, but as a whole it's just not grabbed me the same way as devil and god did, or even deja or yfw. they all had something about them that compelled me to listen again, and again, and i don't find daisy unbearable but i haven't found myself hooked either. i've loved brand new for years, seen them 5 times, but i don't think i'll be making the effort to travel and see them again. perhaps this will grow on me but i can't ever see me choosing it over any of their other albums.

i've loved brand new for years, seen them 5 times, but i don't think i'll be making the effort to travel and see them again.

Aww. Don't say that!! :( They were outstanding back in June!! It was the first time I'd seen them, but two of my friends have seen them many times and thought it was the best they've played and commented that Jesse was on good form too!!!

be gone... i can't even believe they put that on daisy. it is terrible.

U MAD?

Anyway, I like Daisy, first Brand New album I heard, so I went and downloaded the rest of them, wasn't too impressed really, The Devil and God was good, but not too keen on Deja Entendu or Your Favourite Weapon.

I like Daisy. I think its a good record apart from the track Be Gone which I made sure didn't make it to my computer or mp3 player when I ripped the cd. Awesome opening track as well which sort of reminded me of Fugazi a bit. Think its the guitar riff and backing vocals.

I much prefer their last two albums over the first two, although I did enjoy them at the time.