aberdeen-music

Union Square

KimyReizeger

was in today for a few hours, still a few shops to be opened like

i quite liked it

best bits: Handmade burger co. upstairs, its a bit pricey, but the burgers are AMAZING, like, truly awesome.

also quite like that cult clothes shop, and the apple store, though a bit crowded, was pretty cool to.]]

it does make that certain area of town look a LOT better if nothing else. but i think its really good, i expect this saturday it will be mobbed to fuck.

Soul-less shopping centre? Good addition to retail atmosphere of Aberdeen?

We went to the Westfield centre in W12 London,the biggest shopping centre in Europe.It was a horrible place,soul-less and absolute pants.I imagine this place will be pretty much the same.

Homemade burger co. sounds good to me. I would of went ape for the Cult Store when I was 14 years old.

I haven't had a full aimless walk around the place but it'll just be another shopping centre full of overpriced goodies I can get from the Internet at half price.

It will be a treat for tourist types.

I See there was a flash mob today, which is pretty cool.

if i find the video ill put it up,

Cant comment on the place as i haven't been yet,

but i think it will defiantly make that part of town look a lot better,

Can it really be described as a flash mob if it's perfectly timed, choreographed, there seems to be music playing over the PA system and the light system is working in time as well?

Flash mob my arse! :swearing:

Can it really be described as a flash mob if it's perfectly timed, choreographed, there seems to be music playing over the PA system and the light system is working in time as well?

Flash mob my arse! :swearing:

I didn't think there could be anything more of a crock of shit than a flashmob, but a fake staged flashmob seem to be able to manage it,

I would say it's slightly bigger than the O2 store in the bon accord centre. here's a link to the store's apple page Apple Retail Store (United Kingdom) - Union Square

Ta! Should've thought of that myself really... it looks like a pretty decent wee store there.

*and 'flash mob' was a load of crap. A zombie one would be fucking awesome. I've seen that in other cities.

58,000 people attended over 8 hours yesterday. Incredible. People queuing up at the Apple store for free 'exclusive' Apple T-shirts. In fact, I couldn't understand why the Apple store was so busy. Can anyone explain? What's so interesting about a few gizmos, phones and laptops?

And what'll happen to Union Street, which already looks grubbier and shopper-hostile by the day.

58,000 people attended over 8 hours yesterday. Incredible. People queuing up at the Apple store for free 'exclusive' Apple T-shirts. In fact, I couldn't understand why the Apple store was so busy. Can anyone explain? What's so interesting about a few gizmos, phones and laptops?

And what'll happen to Union Street, which already looks grubbier and shopper-hostile by the day.

I heard they were giving away ipods!

Guest Gladstone

I just don't understand the excitement attached to something like this. I couldn't give a fuck about a few new shops, and there's no way in hell I'd go near the place this weekend. It will just be so fucking busy.

I was speaking to a mate who's in the police, and they are treating this weekend as a "major event" with pretty much every police officer in the land being on hand when (not if) trouble and chaos ensues this weekend. The city's infrastructure apparently just won't cope with the amount of traffic that's going to be in and about the centre tomorrow.

I'm off to burgle some houses whilst they're all otherwise occupied.