aberdeen-music

Listen to your Heart single

A few weeks ago my good friend Kevin McGee made the decision to end his own life. As a tribute to Kevin me and Nick from Ascension spent a lot of time arranging a power metal cover of the song "Listen to your Heart" originally by Roxette. Within a couple of weeks the song had been arranged, recorded, mixed, mastered and the artwork finalised.

The single is available for free download through the link at the bottom but if you can find it in your hearts to donate some money to the charity PAPYRUS - for the prevention of young suicide - young suicide prevention - resources and support for depression and mental illness:Support PAPYRUS UK, it would be much appreciated.

If you would like a hardcopy of the single you can send 2.50 to doc_metallica@msn.com via paypal(postage included) with the note "1 x Listen to your Heart single" as well as your name and address and it will be shipped out to you ASAP. The single also features the song "Time for War" and all proceeds will go to the Papyrus charity.

Copy the following link into your browser and it will take you to a page where you can download Listen to your Heart and also the Durins bane/Time for War singles.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

And of course you can always hear the single and check up on us at the Ascension myspace:

Ascension on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cheers,

Fraser

This song's probably one of my better vocal performances :) not very Ascension stylee, but im real happy with how this one turned out :)

hope everyone enjoys it, might also just add anyone who does order a hard copy, it might take a couple weeks for you to get it as they are currently still being duplicated. should be selling these at gigs to to raise money for Papyrus! remember, 8th November at cafe drummonds!!

Sorry about your friend ending his own life. The money for the single... is that going to charity then??

The single is available for free download through the link at the bottom but if you can find it in your hearts to donate some money to the charity PAPYRUS - for the prevention of young suicide - young suicide prevention - resources and support for depression and mental illness:Support PAPYRUS UK, it would be much appreciated.

If you would like a hardcopy of the single you can send 2.50 to doc_metallica@msn.com via paypal(postage included) with the note "1 x Listen to your Heart single" as well as your name and address and it will be shipped out to you ASAP. The single also features the song "Time for War" and all proceeds will go to the Papyrus charity.

I think it might be.

The epic artwork is my doing i originally had no idea what to do for it. The girl wasn't originally in the middle and i had a wide open space which i had the ridiculous idea of filling with a tardis as Kevin was a massive doctor who fan and even had one in his flat!

ListentoyourHeartfinalartwork-1.jpg

But then i realised how ridiculous it was and eventually solved the problem with a hot bird!

Update:

We're headlining at the tunnels on friday 29th January for Hero Next Door promotions, raising money for Papyrus, so its a charity gig!

It will be a metal night, and im really hoping lots n lots of folk go. we'll be flogging copies of the new single to raise money for papyrus also, and hopefully some of our own stuff to. its gonna be an amazing night. we will be playing this song live to :) amongst some other new songs we've finally scraped from the composition barrel haha!!

i know its a long way away, but just sticking it in yer minds for the new ;)

The epic artwork is my doing i originally had no idea what to do for it. The girl wasn't originally in the middle and i had a wide open space which i had the ridiculous idea of filling with a tardis as Kevin was a massive doctor who fan and even had one in his flat!

ListentoyourHeartfinalartwork-1.jpg

But then i realised how ridiculous it was and eventually solved the problem with a hot bird!

a hot bird. the cause...and solution to most of lifes problems for most men.

sorry to hear about your buddy and i know its been said but : epic artwork.

good stuff guys