aberdeen-music

Halloween

poetic tragedy

I was in the supermarket and the friendly Indian guy on the checkout said (I shit you not) "Ah ha jolly good sir, are you a pirate or a biker or a rockstar?"

I replied that I was both a pirate and a biker and helped run a rock bar. Then when he stared at me in evident confusion and embarrassment I handed him my business card. Now he just thinks I'm a dude. Or perhaps a weirdo.

I dressed as Ned Flanders, but a lot of people had to ask me who I was, which was disappointing, and also quite baffling as my face was bright fucking yellow.

I didn't figure out who you were until I went back to my mates and they said "Who was that guy you were talking to that was dressed as Ned Flanders?" Then I got it. However to be fair under the orange streetlights, your face looked green, which is what confused me.

My Halloween went as such

Went to Moorings about 9.30-10. Was incredibly busy. Left after 20 minutes due to inability to get anywhere near the bar.

Went to Bassment. It was empty but was quickly filling up. After about an hour I went out for a fag and when I tried to get back in, it had filled up to the point where people were queued up 3 deep just to get in the door. Thankfully I didn't leave anything inside so we just bailed.

Decided to head back towards Moorings in the hope that it had quietened down a bit, however got sidetracked into Five instead. There was 3 people in. So had a few drinks in there in relative peace and quiet.

Headed to Moshulu about 12.30. Had to queue for a while but it wasn't too bad. Was quite busy inside but quietened down. Had the fuck bored out of me by some wacky student dressed as Beetlejuice who kept yelling "Look how ace my costume is! I'm Beetlejuice! I'm dressed up as Beetlejuice! My costume is so great! I'm Beetlejuice!" and also two total skanks who were dirty dancing with each other at the bar and managing to bang into everybody and knock people's drinks over. I'm sure they got the attention they so obviously craved, but none of it good.

I didn't figure out who you were until I went back to my mates and they said "Who was that guy you were talking to that was dressed as Ned Flanders?" Then I got it. However to be fair under the orange streetlights, your face looked green, which is what confused me.

I remember seeing you somewhere on Union Street, but I don't remember anything of it. What I do remember is instantly sobering up when I got to Korova. Or maybe just everyone was way drunker than me (which they were) which made me feel even more sober.

Either way, I didn't have the best of times. Went home at about midnight, after a good stroll down Union St looking at everyones clobber. Some were impressive, but some were poor and we're clearly just out to perve on the fanny, of course.

Some things never change, then.

:down:

You should have seen them, they both looked like crack whores and they were busy grinding their rotten minges on each other's legs, all the while looking around to see who was watching them. Eventually they managed to grab two guys to join in and when they finally fucked off I very bravely said "Yeah that's right, fuck off and take your fucking skanks with you" and then had to bravely backtrack quickly when I realised that I said it louder than I meant to and one of the guys heard me.

Fucking fearless me :up:

Spent my night in A&E, girlfriend passed out standing up while in taxi rank, fell backwards and smacked her head off the ground. Dunno where it came from, cause she wasn't drunk. A&E was obviously busy as hell. She's fine now though, which is good.

Apparently there was some guy in a lion suit who was passed out, and the doctors cut his suit off of him. His girlfriend was going nuts shouting at them, lol.