aberdeen-music

NBA 09-10 Thread

waltz

The NBA season started again last night. Big wins for Lakers and Celtics, predictably. I was expecting the Cleveland Cavaliers to take the Celtics, they've been looking good in pre-season - the Shaq/LeBron duo's looking promising - but it wasn't to be. I still reckon they're in with a shout for the title this year though.

Anyone else into basketball? Discuss here.

sorry to sound really picky, but how decent are they normally? I'm very easily annoyed by glitchy internet video stuff! Thanks in advance!

Quality depends man. It can be a very nice HD stream or a really nasty one. You've just got to look around and find the best one.

I like the Celtics but there is too many games/its on too late at night for me to follow it properly unfortunately

It's tough to keep up with all the games, nba.com does a nice video called the "daily zap" which is a 5min breakdown of all the results from the night before. Handy for those of us who can't be up late to watch em all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I watched a documentary about Len Bias last night. So sad, and i'd never even heard of him. Apparently the guy could've been bigger than Jordan.

This whole Lebron story has reignited my interest in basketball. I might even pick a new team to follow, my first since the 93/94 Bulls.

Speaking of that rumours are that they are trying to get Melo and Chris Paul to go with Amare. That would be an impresive trio also.

That would be insane. Could be a fantastic season. Or totally shit, with three or four teams totally dominating. Ah well.

Me and some pals organised a game of hoops on Thursday, first game since school, i'd say it was about NBA standard. I kid you not somebody scored a 3-pointer that bounced off the ground first...

Haha, nice.

Anyone actually any good at basketball here (obviously Sam)? I can do a pretty mean medium-range jump shot and on a rare occasion, a 3 pointer, but useless at close range. Y'all got mad skillz? Let's play some time.

• 7 months later...