aberdeen-music

Death...

Guest Sundaram

A bittie different in erm, mood with this one though, isn't it? Any reason for this we should know about, or just for a change? Still good though. Quite 'innovative', whatever the hell that means.

p.s. Remember you might not sell so many CDs if you've already given all your songs away...

Guest Sundaram
A bittie different in erm' date=' mood with this one though, isn't it? Any reason for this we should know about, or just for a change? Still good though. Quite 'innovative', whatever the hell that means.

p.s. Remember you might not sell so many CDs if you've already given all your songs away...[/quote']

My grandad died today, so I thought i'd make a piece of music to mark his passing...

I have eight 90 minute tapes fuill of ideas, plus all the new stuff I'm coming up with, so I could upload loads more music should I wish to!

:)

Guest Sundaram
that's really quite creepy. it sounds like it should be from a 70's horror movie or something. sounds a bit odd with lots of odd reverby sounding guitars/flutes/harps suddenly into such clean drums. like the intense start/end though.

Thanks for listening...

No guitar, just autoharp, flute with live and sampled percussion sounds.

Guest Sundaram
wow' date=' i've never seen one of those before. are they sliders on it, and do they fine tune the strings? where did you get it from? was it very expensive? it looks really interesting.[/quote']

They just look like sliders, you push down one of the white buttons say for instance (E maj)and it mutes certain strings thus giving you the chord with the remaining open one's.

I ignored this for the 'Death' tune though!

My folks bought me my autoharp from a second hand shop in Edinburgh.

Guest Sundaram
sorry to hear about your grandad.

i downloaded the song but couldnt get it to work....boo.

i will try again later.

Remember, dont try to 'stream it' just do the right click and save as thing, min!

:up:

Guest stuartmaxwell

eery!dunno what to make of it really, i guess its not really supposed to go anywhere, i like the ascending flute

dunno if i like this, have got rupa mix1 on my most recent compilation though, prefer it

definetly one with the lights off

to be quite anal (who ? me ?)...

I thought it was the wrong "way round"...

it sounds like it gets more lively at the end...the opposite of "death"...it sounds like it's coming to life...(to me)...

I did like it though, a good bit of ambience.

I did a spooky ambeint peice called "i saw a fly die" as a remix project for my pal in wales...

It's got no direction, just a spooky drop of ambience...i saw a fly die.mp3

Guest Sundaram
to be quite anal (who ? me ?)...

I thought it was the wrong "way round"...

it sounds like it gets more lively at the end...the opposite of "death"...it sounds like it's coming to life...(to me)...

I did like it though' date=' a good bit of ambience.

I did a spooky ambeint peice called "i saw a fly die" as a remix project for my pal in wales...

It's got no direction, just a spooky drop of ambience...i saw a fly die.mp3

Maybe 'Death' is the wrong title for it, I did only spend about ten to fifteen minutes on it.

I'm liking your 'fly' piece, I love music like that, it's as if your listening in on someones thoughts!

hey, thanks for checking it out !

I used soundforge and cuebase...

I still havenae sussed out how to use it "properly", but, It's good for sketching (at the moment!)

we should try and start a remix club or something...

someone should post like 10 samples, and you are allowed to add 4 of your own sounds, and see what happens.

"we" (my internet pals from another messageboard) did this for a while, we ended up with heaps of odd 1 - 4 minute pieces, we also did an "exquisit corpse" stylee remix, taking a remix and remixing it, then, sending it to someone else, the only thing you had to adhere to was keeping 10 seconds of the end of the last track, so a blend could be acheived...

If someone had a good story to write the tracks to, we could try and do something with spoken word + ambience...

all just thoughts.

Life from death, that's what I like to hear !

I thought it was a very moody piece, which would give a darker balance to the postive vibes of the other pieces. I liked it.

I was surprised to see the Autoharp mentioned, because I'd just left a bid on one at Milne's Auction Rooms yesterday!!! Weird coincidence, or what??? And I got it, so Philip and I could do a "Duelling Autoharps" scene together. The only problem is who would act the inbred hillbilly, and who would be the one to paddle off with Burt Reynolds (played by Stripey or Frosty Jack?) to meet an untimely end at the hand of savage teuchters (the Cuts maybe?).

In tribute to my current drink intake we could call the film "D-Liverance".

• 1 month later...