aberdeen-music

Some horrible/shocking news stories...

Guest Gladstone

Well, our Prime Minister says that all unmarried teenage mothers will be forced to live in council-run homes, I guess that's a start.

Teenage parents to be put in 'supervised homes' - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

That's pretty amusing because I'm sure it used to be the case that Labour were the first to leap on anyone suggesting there was a moral hazard in offering priority council housing to young single mums.

Yeah, nice one mate. Just going to be able to stop people fucking are you? Or are you just going to take away their children as soon as they're born?

Ridiculous idea.

Glad you didn't bother to read the "not sure I'd subscribe to this" in my original post before biting.

As I said, it was someone else's idea, not mine and it was presented to stimulate debate.

As it is, you're right - you can't stop people getting jiggy with it; so short of issuing chastity belts to girls and bell end covers for boys, there's no real way of enforcing something like that.

Stu - Think what they're talking about is putting the PramFaces in a supervised home with other PramFaces rather than giving them a 2 bedroom in Tillydrone to crack on and conceive the next one in.

Stu - Think what they're talking about is putting the PramFaces in a supervised home with other PramFaces rather than giving them a 2 bedroom in Tillydrone to crack on and conceive the next one in.

Sounds like a plan. And if we can get them sewing footballs and maybe grow some cotton out the back, we can get this economy going again :up:

Yeah, nice one mate. Just going to be able to stop people fucking are you? Or are you just going to take away their children as soon as they're born?

Ridiculous idea.

Hah. I've always had that idea, but never on a serious, well thought out basis. Just a right good moan when a mum with 5 kids and two prams gets on the bus and makes a right nuisance of herself, screaming at her young 'uns and whatnot, getting on everyones tits, thinking to myself "You should have to pass a rigourous and challenging test to have children. Like some sort of near-impossible quest".

Of course anyone conceiving and giving birth unlicensed would be instantly shot in the face by the Fuck Police.

Sounds pretty great to me.

Guest Gladstone
Hah. I've always had that idea, but never on a serious, well thought out basis. Just a right good moan when a mum with 5 kids and two prams gets on the bus and makes a right nuisance of herself, screaming at her young 'uns and whatnot, getting on everyones tits, thinking to myself "You should have to pass a rigourous and challenging test to have children. Like some sort of near-impossible quest".

Of course anyone conceiving and giving birth unlicensed would be instantly shot in the face by the Fuck Police.

Sounds pretty great to me.

Exactly.

I don't think anyone's advocating that we do actually introduce a law on who's allowed to be pregnant...

What would he do with his Nefarious Cock then...?

Yup, social work departments would see their caseloads halved.

That would be nice... then I'd only have 15 kids on my caseload instead of 30!!! Even then I probably wouldn't have enough time to see all of them and their families, the other professionals involved, write reports, attend meetings and do casenotes.

That's not really a problem given the hours social workers I know work (in excess of 60 hour weeks on fairly regular occasion).

This is so very true. The working week just doesn't have enough hours. Some of my colleagues often have their weekends taken up trying to get reports done. I know my time to do this will come soon!

/rant

BBC NEWS | Europe | Row over Sarkozy's unused shower

Supposedly 221,000 for a shower!!! Nice to know politicians expenses are being highlighted elsewhere too.

That's actually an established theory in moral philosophy, but not the most radical one by a long shot.

There are some excellent arguments to say that having kids at all is morally wrong.

Have a look.

Parenthood and Procreation (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Took me right back to sociology at uni! Pretty heavy going though.

Guest Gladstone
So. What exactly does almost quarter of a million get you in terms of a shower?

I don't even think Saddam Hussein would've spent that much on a bathroom, and he liked his luxury bathrooms.

I'd want at least one naked lady per day to wash my balls to go with the shower for that price.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Row over Sarkozy's unused shower

Supposedly 221,000 for a shower!!! Nice to know politicians expenses are being highlighted elsewhere too.

People seem surprised by the fact that a Frenchman didn't use the shower.

On Bruni, yes she's a fox, but by all accounts she's a total nightmare, a complete headfuck.

If she came along and sat on my face, I'd tell her tae get aff.

Teenage Girl Devastated After A Thug Kicks Her 10-Week Old Puppy To Death In Cambridgeshire Park | UK News | Sky News

I Feel a bit ill. :down:

In more heart-warming news, this is what happened when a kid posted cat abuse videos which angered socially conscious imageboard, 4chan:

KENNY CHRISTOPHER GLENN - CAT ABUSER, Lawton, Oklahoma)

I read about the dog story the other day. How anyone can be that heartless is worrying. The videos on the other link, I don't really want to watch.

Guest Gladstone

Katie: My Beautiful Face - Channel 4

Did anyones see this last night?

Truly disturbing stuff - the girl is a real trooper. I felt proud of her and I don't even know her. She was really really beautiful before the attack and had a fledgling modelling career and TV presenting career ahead of her, completely taken away.

She spoke on the programme of how her boyfriend raped her in a hotel room after she couldn't be arsed having sex with him. Then a couple of days later after she'd couped herself up in her flat, too scared to go out, and hadn't called police about it because well, she'd gone to the hotel room with him voluntarily, and didn't think they'd believe her - her boyfriend convinced her to leave the flat to go and read messages he'd sent her on facebook (she must not have had internet in the flat). She got about 5 yards from the flat, and some kid through acid in her face. The boyfriend had paid the guy to throw acid in her face.

It's just fucking brutal. Throwing acid in anyone's face is obviously a terrible terrible thing to do, but it's possibly worse in this situation because it's completely ruined her career prospects. It would be like chopping off a footballer's foot or a guitarist's fingers.

Thankfully the fucking bastardy boyfriend got a double life sentence for it. Cunt.

Are more people getting repeatedly blootered in their unconscious heads until their skulls cave in these days? Whatever happened to a "square go" with the winner walking away victorious and the victim dusting themselves down and maybe attending to a jeely nose?