aberdeen-music

Some horrible/shocking news stories...

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

I've found myself shaking my head more and more whenever I hear/see the news lately. Here's a couple of stories that have really shocked me/pissed me off recently...

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Merseyside | Boys bailed over anti-gay attack

Young lad minding his own business outside a club in Liverpool set upon by up to 20 thugs and hospitalised because he's gay. Fucking unbelievable.

The Big Question: Why are pupils making so many false allegations against teachers? - Education News, Education - The Independent

The story about pupils making false claims against teachers really pissed me off. At what point did we start taking the word of these little shitbags over that of teachers? I remember when I was a kid, if I got in trouble from a teacher and so much as breathed a word of it to my parents I'd have got in more trouble. If I tried to protest my innocence, or say the teacher was being in anyway unfair, my parents would always believe the teacher cos, well, they were the teacher and I was a fucking kid. These little bastards (and more so the parents who believe their every word) are ruining careers of teachers, and scaring so many people off of that career choice in the first place, it's ridiculous. An inherent lack of discipline in our country is evident, and something needs to be done. My wife is a teacher, but I'm so glad she's in primary schools, rather than in the Academy with these little conniving bastards.

What is the bloody world coming to...

I don't understand, with regard to the first story, why they have to treat this as a "homophobic hate crime" where I believe it's simply Grievous Bodily Harm. Homophobia was just the motive and people are thugs for any number of retarded reasons.

And while I can't condone police brutality it would be only mildly unfortunate if they received a brisk beating around the kidneys with some rubber piping for this.

Guest Gladstone
I don't understand, with regard to the first story, why they have to treat this as a "homophobic hate crime" where I believe it's simply Grievous Bodily Harm. Homophobia was just the motive and people are thugs for any number of retarded reasons.

And while I can't condone police brutality it would be only mildly unfortunate if they received a brisk beating around the kidneys with some rubber piping for this.

I think, though not entirely sure, that if you add a homophobic/racist slant to attacks, that it's deemed more serious and the punishments can be harsher.

But I agree with what you're saying in that if you beat someone up, it shouldn't really matter why you did it. There are no laws that make the crime worse for beating someone up because of hair colour, or weight, or the way they dress, but some idiots might give someone a bashing for any number of reasons.

A 20 on 1 kicking for any reason is just mindless thuggery, and they're lucky they didn't kill the poor lad.

Guest Gladstone

The Baby P story is as horrific as they come. The broken back is just awful. I remember hearing that they thought that injury likely came about by being brought down on an adult's knee.

How sick do you have to be to even contemplate shit like that, let alone carry it out?

This should be renamed the 'Tut... Isn't It Bloody Awful' thread.

or "The Outrage Thread". :)

With regards to Baby P - Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have children in the first place if they're incapable of bringing them up. Many moons ago I was in a band and the Hammond player went as far as saying if you wanted kids you should have to apply for a licence and then be assessed on your suitability to have kids. Once you had passed the requisite requirements, you could crack on. Hey presto, no jakey kids, no more mini crime waves, and no more Baby P situations.

Don't know if I'd subscribe to this - wee bit Big Brother and obviously for that reason it would never happen. Anyone else agree with this or something along these lines?

And I know it was wrong of me to laugh - but the dog story was funny as.

Guest Gladstone

Don't get me started on today's parents...

Would be fathers should have to sit an aptitude test before being allowed to use their cock. If you fail it three times, you get your nuts chopped off just in case.

(Would be mothers, similar test - 3 strikes and it gets sewn up)

Don't get me started on today's parents...

Would be fathers should have to sit an aptitude test before being allowed to use their cock. If you fail it three times, you get your nuts chopped off just in case.

(Would be mothers, similar test - 3 strikes and it gets sewn up)

Has it really got so bad that we need Eugenics? A final solution for minks?

Guest Gladstone
Has it really got so bad that we need Eugenics? A final solution for minks?

It's getting that way.

This will clearly never happen, but fuck me it would get rid of so many problems... (I'm sure it would conjure a complete new set of problems of its own though)

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Nottinghamshire | Man charged over 'burglar murder'

Little bastards shouldn't have been breaking in then...

Totally agree, if you are caught in someones living room at 3 in the morning with the Wii under the arm then you should have to accept all what is coming. Would be a non case in the States and many other countries. Hopefully the guy gets a very light sentence but a shame his life has been screwed by these two little sh*ts, at least one of them got what he deserved. (in that kind of mood today after finding out my wing mirror has been kicked off yet again!!!!)

• Upvote 1

Anyone else agree with this or something along these lines?

That's actually an established theory in moral philosophy, but not the most radical one by a long shot.

There are some excellent arguments to say that having kids at all is morally wrong.

Have a look.

Parenthood and Procreation (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

or "The Outrage Thread". :)

With regards to Baby P - Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have children in the first place if they're incapable of bringing them up. Many moons ago I was in a band and the Hammond player went as far as saying if you wanted kids you should have to apply for a licence and then be assessed on your suitability to have kids. Once you had passed the requisite requirements, you could crack on. Hey presto, no jakey kids, no more mini crime waves, and no more Baby P situations.

Don't know if I'd subscribe to this - wee bit Big Brother and obviously for that reason it would never happen. Anyone else agree with this or something along these lines?

And I know it was wrong of me to laugh - but the dog story was funny as.

Yeah, nice one mate. Just going to be able to stop people fucking are you? Or are you just going to take away their children as soon as they're born?

Ridiculous idea.

Guest Gladstone
Yeah, nice one mate. Just going to be able to stop people fucking are you? Or are you just going to take away their children as soon as they're born?

Ridiculous idea.

A weekly visit to poorer areas of society, armed with knitting needles would sort that problem out.