aberdeen-music

Pearl ELX drumkit for sale - only 200

Clarissa

Hi there, I'm selling my 5 piece pearl ELX export series rock kit, in purple/blue cobalt fade with black hardware. Pedal comes with if you don't need it I will deduct the price. Bought this for 600 so this is a pretty good deal! This is cause I want to sell this on as soon as possible. There are no faults with it apart from some scratches on the paint.

Let me know if you're interested!

By the way this kit does have a front skin I was just playing it this way for a specific sound

drums.jpg?t=1256580173

The ELX kits came with full hardware when purchased new:

BC-800W - boom cymbal stand with double-braced legs. - 69

C-800W - straight cymbal stand with double-braced legs. - 59

S-800W - snare stand with double-braced legs. - 69

H-820W - hi-hat stand with double-braced legs, an Eliminator-style footboard and UltraGrip wingnuts and wingbolts. - 95

P-120P - single bass drum pedal with a chain drive, an Eliminator-style footboard, DuoBeat beater, and an adjustable beater angle (the single pedal version of mine (P-122TW), think you have the same Calum?). - 69

That's 361 of hardware to replace :)

That's a big chunk of the 600 new price being omitted from the sale. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what I thought.

That's why I have my Premier Artist Maple kit in for ONLY 750.

This the last of the handmade Premier kits before they started getting them made in Japan.

The 5 piece shell pack was 700 when purchased new.

I then spent 210 on 3 boom cymbal stands, 60 on snare stand, 75 for Big Dog hi-hat stand, 65 for Big Dog Bass drum pedal, over 800 on the Sabian Cymbals, almost 200 on cases, just spent 200 on new Aquarian heads.

This is over 2000 spent.

So, i think my price of 750 is quite good, but I am open to serious offers

yea no way am i selling it with my iron cobras hahaha. just selling it with a normal pearl pedal. i seriously dont know why i dont have any offers, maybe its too cheap so people think its crap! lol maybe i should increase the price so someone will buy it. im practically giving it away lol and theres nothing wrong with it

That price is with the bass drum pedal and ALL hardware. That was the new price. The kit has since been discontinued anyway.

The hardware (that includes the pedal), being worth 360 is a big chunk of that 600 that it cost all in.

So say for just the shells you'd be 240 new in such an instance. Add a bass drum pedal which retails at 70 and that's 310 NEW for what's being sold on.

Not such the great deal when fobbing it as 200 for stuff that was 600 new. If it was everything for 200 then your suggestion of people not buying it for it being really cheap altogether would be fair. When it's been superceded by the "Vision" range then it hits it harder too.

Are you including the snare in that price too?

• Upvote 1

Yes I do include the snare. It just seems like a good deal as I see loads of crappy drumkits being sold second hand for more, and there's very little good quality kits you can get your hands on for 200, especially by pearl. The only things I dont include are the cymbal stands theoretically, so it's not a bad deal at all. Also I only got two cymbal stands when I bought it new. I'm just not including the cymbals. Just because they have stopped making it doesn't make it be worth less either, there are many people still looking to buy the export series.

Yes I do include the snare. It just seems like a good deal as I see loads of crappy drumkits being sold second hand for more, and there's very little good quality kits you can get your hands on for 200, especially by pearl. The only things I dont include are the cymbal stands theoretically, so it's not a bad deal at all. Also I only got two cymbal stands when I bought it new. I'm just not including the cymbals. Just because they have stopped making it doesn't make it be worth less either, there are many people still looking to buy the export series.

You have successfully explained it all, Clarissa.

cla10902.gif

We can agree to disagree.

Vision kits for the same retail price including full hardware of a better standard to that which was provided with the export series seems to suggest otherwise. When buying yours and replenishing everything else required and it coming reasonably close to the price to get a new kit of better quality with regards to both shell construction and wood grade and hardware quality, I'd be willing to bet many will go for the Vision every time.

Having sold Pearl kits for the past 6 and a bit years week in, week out - my opinion is completely the opposite of your own.

As I said - it's not a bad deal, just not as fantastic as you seem to think.

:up:

As I said - it's not a bad deal, just not as fantastic as you seem to think.

:up:

OK, so we have a decent kit with pedal, hardware, snare but no cymbals or stands, for 200.

Which we seem to be agreeing is a fair price. There's no need for nit-picking about exactly how much of a deal it is.

Fair enough if someone is obviously trying to rip people off, that needs to be pointed out. Otherwise, just let people sell their stuff.