aberdeen-music

Bass Strings... Flatwound's?

GraemeC

Of course i haven't,I can only hold an opinion on what I have tried.

Have i tried every brand long term? No,don't be ridiculous...and neither have you,hence why you were asking for an opinion I suppose!

Don't know why I even bothered trying to voice an opinion if you were gonna get picky about it.

Ronz

Of course i haven't,I can only hold an opinion on what I have tried.

Have i tried every brand long term? No,don't be ridiculous...and neither have you,hence why you were asking for an opinion I suppose!

Don't know why I even bothered trying to voice an opinion if you were gonna get picky about it.

Ronz

Yes Ron bud I understand that, thats why your comment should possibly have been "Ive tried X strings and didnt like them because of their lack of punch" but instead you wrote off flatwounds full stop... not helping me in any way,,, but hey...8-)

Thomastik TI Jazz flats are the string of choice for me. Very low tension though. Which I like.

I've read that the labella deep talkin' flats are where it's at though. But I've never seen / heard them - nor do they seem in stock anywhere at the moment other than the US which makes em v. pricey...

Thomastik TI Jazz flats are the string of choice for me. Very low tension though. Which I like.

I've read that the labella deep talkin' flats are where it's at though. But I've never seen / heard them - nor do they seem in stock anywhere at the moment other than the US which makes em v. pricey...

Ok, I have read good reports on the Thomastiks, what guitar do you use them on and wher's the best (cheapest) place to buy them?

• 3 weeks later...