aberdeen-music

Embarrassing Yoko Ono performance on Jools

KimyReizeger

Agree on the Miike Snow song, that was quite a pleasant surprise.

I found Yoko's first song quite moving actually, even though her voice wasn't upto much.

Aww I was going to see Rachel Unthank, but I guess her music will reach a lot more people on TV...

Poor Jools. So he's a bit smug and sucks upto the guests a bit...but for years now its still the only music show on TV where you can watch see such a rich and diverse collection of acts,

I can fully understand why they did and why they need to do it. What I object to is the fact there's no explanation, no apology, the gig just disappeared (from The Lemon Tree website)!

If you go to Regular Music's web site you can still buy tickets though.

To be fair I got an email from APA because I'd already bought a ticket. It would be good if the Unthanks put something on their website.

bring back the old grey whistle test - now there was a proper music programme!

Aw, +1 on that.

Whenever I watch the OGWT I just think that's what we're needing: decent tunage presented with minimum fuss and without idiotic camera angles or presenters.

To be fair, Later was meant to hark back to this theme when it started out, but its really just developed a schmooz-fest now.

And the booking policy is quite suspect - Little Boots gets heavily pushed by the industry, cue obligatory performance on Later.