aberdeen-music

Embarrassing Yoko Ono performance on Jools

KimyReizeger

I don't think she knows herself these days, but she is nearly 77! doesnt stop her being an embarrassing bint, my mum is 74 and you wouldnt see her badly dancing around a stage with Basement Jaxx doing a peace sign wailing out of tune. Well maybe she does but has kept it a secret from me! actually the rest of the show was pretty good last night, smokey robinson should have got more songs than Basement fucking Jaxx!

I didn't see it, but I don't bother with Later as it seems to be full of real 'muso' type stuff, with acts getting pushed by record companies, and no risk-taking interesting music, so I would probably have enjoyed Yoko more than the rest of the show. Disappointed she was paired with Basement Jaxx though....:(

There's usually something interesting enough to make Later watchable although Jools is a muso sucking dick. And its very cliched the way the audience sit round drinking beer, ive noticed they've gone from bottles of becks to lager out of a plastic pint pot! really liked the dead weather and the token world music act were quite toe tapping. bring back the old grey whistle test - now there was a proper music programme!

Jools Holland puts me off.. he's a boogie woogie bastard!

totally, I'd love to stick that fucking piano where the sun doesn't shine!

I'm dreaming of the day when one of the guests turns to him when he approaches his beloved piano and shouts "HOLLAND YOU CUNT I FUCKING TOLD YOU I DONT WANT YOU RUINING MY SONG WITH YOUR FUCKING CUNTING BOOGIE FUCKING WANK ARSED SHIT CUNTING PIANO, NOW FUCK RIGHT OFF YOU GRADE A WALLY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER! before giving the former squeeze man a right good duffing.

I personally have fond memories of the look of contempt on his face after Orbital finished a set on his show.

How dare you knob-twiddling music stealing pill munchers degrade my serious music show!

Arse :up:

I'm suprised he didnt try and play that fucking piano over their majestic electronic blips and noodlings!

The Unthanks cancelled their gig in Aberdeen this week so they can be on this show. I really don't like Jools Holland.

I wondered if that was the reason. Grrrrrr. It was strange how the gig just disappeared! Been trying to get them to Aberdeen for years! Is this a forgiveable reason for cancelling a show?

I wondered if that was the reason. Grrrrrr. It was strange how the gig just disappeared! Been trying to get them to Aberdeen for years! Is this a forgiveable reason for cancelling a show?

They'll probably come out with some excuse like 'reaching a wider audience by doing this' or something like that. But no, it's not really forgiveable.

Agreed. I was probably going to head along, but now I won't go if they ever play up here again, as I think that was a piss-poor thing to do.

I can fully understand why they did and why they need to do it. What I object to is the fact there's no explanation, no apology, the gig just disappeared (from The Lemon Tree website)!

If you go to Regular Music's web site you can still buy tickets though.

I can see why a band would prefer appearing on twat Holland's show in front of a gig in Aberdeen but its a bit out of order cancelling at such notice to go hob knob with Britain's Premier Wally. In five years time they'd kill their own mother to get a gig at The Lemon Tree! And Holland won't won't to know unless they're called Stereophonics or Basement Jaxx!