aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Tonight: Stuck in the fucking office until 9 doing an upgrade. Straight to the pub to catch up with friends after.

Sat: A few options here. Either a run in the morning then down to Kirriemuir to the in-laws or a trip to the climbing wall followed by dinner and the Seas, Starry gig. Depends on the wife.

Sun: Maybe a bike ride then watch the Belgian grand prix.  Sure to also feature food shopping and the soul destroying preparation for another week of work.

Going through to Glasgow this afternoon. Drink at a friends place tonight, don't plan on it getting too messy. Tomorrow got a big group of people going to this http://theelectricfrog.co.uk/ which should be awesome. Sunday will probably be finishing what Saturday started and then dying and sleeping.

I am hoping that Malones isn't as much of a sweat box as it was at the Cleavers gig a few weeks back.

I'm wondering about going tomorrow just based on the horrific sweatiness of that gig.

Great gig, but so very very sweaty - to the point where I went down to the Moorings for half an hour to cool off (and watch Alkaline destroy guitars like a young Iggy Pop/old Waltz).

• Upvote 1

I'm wondering about going tomorrow just based on the horrific sweatiness of that gig.

Great gig, but so very very sweaty - to the point where I went down to the Moorings for half an hour to cool off (and watch Alkaline destroy guitars like a young Iggy Pop/old Waltz).

I'm too fat to be Iggy Pop and not hipster enough to be Waltz but i'll take it ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow I'm off to Glasgow to see my sister and brother-in-law's new-ish flat for the first time. There will probably be lots of beer and cake too.

Sunday is my birthday and as it'll be spent in a city where I've nae mates and my boyfriend will be at work for most of the afternoon. I intend to go somewhere for breakfast (waffles) then drink White Russians alone in Lebowski's. I am genuinely quite looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

Piss all. Working until midnight tonight.

Tomorrow, Football Manager. It's been a long week. I need a day of lounging around watching TV in my pants.

Sunday. Formula 1, then probably cinema.

Addendum to this. I forgot that former board member and MCFC super fan Nev is in town, so I'm out boozing with him tonight. 2 pints in and he hasn't mentioned Man City yet.