aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Tonight: We're due to go see Vasquez/Alright The Captain/Billy Ray Osiris/Crusades but I feel kind of crappy so might have to give it a miss.

Saturday: The weather's supposed to be amazing which means beers on the beach at North Berwick. I plan to listen to Nick Cave, Dexys and Mac Demarco on my iPod so I can at least pretend I'm at Primavera.

Sunday: Wake at 8am. Watch all of the new Arrested Development episodes in a wanner. Meet up with a friend who have just run the Edinburgh Marathon and claim that I saw her at the finish line and was really proud. Never admit to being in pyjamas with the Bluths at the time.

Absolutely knackered after Montrose last night. Was a brillant night. Gutted we had to leave early due to work commitments today.

I was also gutted to find out we were on AFTER toploader which meant I could have gone and listened to 'Dancing in the moonlight'. There was a full moon too so I could have actually danced in the moonlight to 'Dancing in the moonlight' (insert xzibit meme here).

They didnt even play last, cheating bastards.

Friday - Montrose was brilliant, great atmosphere down there and we seemed to go down well, im sure our singers short shorts helped like, but part of me is hoping the music helped play a part as well. 

Sat - Drove to a wedding down in Perth, stood around all day doing nothing, as you do at weddings, and then drove home to watch the champs league highlights.

Sun - Day out with the pooch, went to the beach, went to the pet shop and then out with my pal and his two wee dogs as well, Dog is still shattered today so it must have been a good day out for her! 

They didnt even play last, cheating bastards.

Friday - Montrose was brilliant, great atmosphere down there and we seemed to go down well, im sure our singers short shorts helped like, but part of me is hoping the music helped play a part as well. 

Sat - Drove to a wedding down in Perth, stood around all day doing nothing, as you do at weddings, and then drove home to watch the champs league highlights.

Sun - Day out with the pooch, went to the beach, went to the pet shop and then out with my pal and his two wee dogs as well, Dog is still shattered today so it must have been a good day out for her! 

They were the shortest of shorts...

I enjoyed your music but I thought your singer was pretty bad sadly.  Was a decent gig in whole though.

• Upvote 1

Friday: Got caught up in the chaos at Heathrow coming back from Rome. Twas a nightmare.

Saturday/Sunday: Stayed in London for a stag do, it was acers. Visited comic-con whilst drunk as the stag used to be a geek. It was insane, i've never seen anything like it; i genuinely felt intimidated by the numbers of nerdos. Rippers after that and then on to a medieval banquet thing. All in all pure #ladz stuff.

Tonight - Going to see Jo Caulfield at Woodend Barn.

Saturday - hillwalking, champions league final

Sunday - Watch the Monaco GP, hope to get the BBQ out

Monday - Flex day! Either a long bike ride,long run or round of golf depending on weather. If it's pish I'll just play FC3: Blood Dragon all day.

In-laws took us out for dinner on Saturday, which was nice but I missed the champions league final. BBC didn't show the grand prix and the sun fucked off once I bought the food for a BBQ. Pissing down today.

Jo Caulfield and the hillwalking were good though.

Friday I got drunk.

Saturday I got drunk and went and looked at Malones Late Bar (used to be Drakes on Shiprow) and confirmed using it for a gig on June 6th.

Sunday I drank cocktails and whisky.

Yesterday I had off for a bank holiday and just played Xbox and cleaned the house.

Woopty ping!

• 2 months later...

Thread revival because i'm actually looking forward to this wknd, and well, its always nice to read what everyone else is up to.

Friday - finally going back to an amazing venue I've been trying to go to for months but just havent been able to. Seeing Falty DL and Floating Points (who are both great, check them out). The venue is called 'Output' and since it opened i've pretty much just used its event calendar to find new music. Q-tip does a residency on wed nights there which blew my mind. I'll be brave enough to make it out on a school night and go one day. Seriously, this place has good shit on every single night... http://outputclub.com/

Sat - A day in the park with some friends, one of whom is moving to chicago. She's a good friend but she's a serial dingy-merchant so i'm considering not going, just to teach her a lesson. The type of person who always texts at the last minute to say she can't make whatever you've got planned. Hate that. But, I like to keep my karma up by doing unto others etc so i'm gonna go.

Sun - My football season finished and there's no sport on TV so no plans. I bought a skateboard last week in a sad attempt to recapture my youth, i may whip it out and see how bad I am.

Friday night - I think we are going to relax, maybe have a glass of wine and watch the Sopranos. I got the entire box set for my birthday and we have just started season 3.

Saturday - The missus is working during the day, but in the evening we have plans to go see Sidca and Everythingwesayisfact.

Sunday - Day of rest. If the weather is nice, some cycling may be on the cards.

• Upvote 1

Tonight: Watch a film with a bottle of wine and the wife.

Sat: Possibly a walk up Lochnagar if conditions are favourable.

Sun: Playing the first Causey Mounth gig at a charity gig in Catterline. Then after that disaster I'll head down to my folks for my Dad's birthday.

Mon: Flex day. Might go for a long bike ride, a round of golf or just play xbox and guitar all day. The world is my oyster.  I'll probably just cut the grass and clean the bathroom :(

Thread revival because i'm actually looking forward to this wknd, and well, its always nice to read what everyone else is up to.

Friday - finally going back to an amazing venue I've been trying to go to for months but just havent been able to. Seeing Falty DL and Floating Points (who are both great, check them out). The venue is called 'Output' and since it opened i've pretty much just used its event calendar to find new music. Q-tip does a residency on wed nights there which blew my mind. I'll be brave enough to make it out on a school night and go one day. Seriously, this place has good shit on every single night... http://outputclub.com/

I saw Floating Point in June. It was brilliant. 

Tomorrow I'm a groomsman at my friends wedding, looking forward to it a lot. I know there's some folk I haven't seen in ages who'll be there so should be a fun day.

Sunday will be a day of recovery.

Tomorrow - more nothing. Might venture home to see if there's any mail and maybe visit my gran in hospital

Should definitely be coming to see some great bands at Downstairs. :p

Tonight : Me and Claire are going out for an Indian with my sister and her lad as he's going to Nigeria on Monday for a silly period of time.

Tomorrow: Work during the day then heading through to town for the second Plain Tiger night. Pretty pumped.

Sunday: Roast dinner with Mum n Dad then practicing setting up our tent for when we go to Mull.

Guest Young Adolesent

friday, work from 8 till 12, go into town shopping at 1.30, 4pm meet the singer in town for band practice, 6pm go back in town to cosmos with the band, 7.30 go to the tunnels to see uniform brilliant day, minus the work

saturday work with the elderly from 10.30 till 4 drop them all off at their houses and get home at 5, then work till about 8 ish or when ever i can be arsed finishing

sunday, more work with the elderly same hours again but i get back a bit later since most of these people live out the road, then come back and finish work at whatever time and hope my nieghbour is impressed