aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Friday: Ate gammon, drank beer, watched The Raid with the missus the played Hidden and Dangerous till the wee hours.

Saturday: Helped clear out the big warehouse at work then played Hidden and Dangerous till the wee hours.

Sunday: Got my phone fixed/replaced then had band practice with Dave and Col. After that I had band practice with Cielo Rosso which went smashingly as we got offered a gig afterwards :D Afterwards I went home watched the sloth from Goonies win the xfactor then played Hidden and Dangerous till the wee hours.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Knob

Friday: 'mad friday' so working in the Prince of Wales all day and night. For those of you who think it's acceptable to walk in and ask for a "beer", it isn't. I will simply walk away from you and serve someone else :).

Saturday: As above.

Sunday: As above.

• Upvote 1

Friday: Paul From Bonesaw's wedding down in Fife. So probably utter fuckin chaos.

Saturday: last of my Xmas shopping then drinks with the Mant. It may also be Team Hero night? Can't remember. THE MANT is in Aberdeen though so there'll be plenty of silly drinking with him.

Sunday: hate myself. Watch hockey. Yo.

I can understand asking for "a pint" to a much higher degree than "a beer". A pint is a generally accepted term in Scotland, probably whole oif UK, for the cheapest possible. Or even "a lager". But "a beer"? I'm not Ted Danson and this isn't Cheers, you fuckface.

When I worked in The Moorings, someone came in once and said "a bottle of beer" then turned back to his mates, like a fucking cock. Gave him a Samichlaus. Cost about £4.50. 14%. Fuck him if he doesn't like it, his fault. Can't remember if he finished it or complained or anything, quite frankly couldn't give a fuck.

• Upvote 3

Friday - Not much, couple of beers in the house whilst fixing our bassist/frontman's laptop.

Saturday - Quiet daytime, then playing in Portsoy at night. Last gig there was good, lots of Halloweeny cunts, hopefully this one will be full of Christmasy cunts :)

Sunday - Sweet fuck awwww or might go for a run if it's not too windy then try to talk The Kid into going to see the The Hobbit. A sack of popcorn and the promise of post-movie pizza should swing it.

It's mine and the missus' anniversary tomorrow. She's been doing my head in for 2 whole years now. It's too close to Christmas to do anything extravagant for it though, so we'll be staying in, getting leathered on scrumpy and eating Pizza.

then Sunday and Monday I will impatiently be waiting for Christmas to happen. We've got so much food and booze. I've got a cupboard filled with just beer for me, separate from the general Christmas booze cupboard. Loads of imported beers I've never heard of but have great names or cool labels. I cleared Peckhams out. I'm going to open one as soon as I wake up, to rejoice the baby Jesus. Then I'm going to eat until I can't walk, and then just lay on my back in the middle of the room like a turtle. It's going to be the best Christmas ever.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

'sup bitchez?! Here's my weekend with videos...

Tonight: Finish work, tea/maybe watch some hockey, Moorings to see Vakunoht.

Tomorrow: Watch Wings vs Wild and Sabres vs Canes then go to pub to meet people to go see Lynx vs Storm. Then probably the Crown & Anchor for pool and booze on the way back into town.

Sunday: blah blah blah then a hockey game then Sabres @ Caps live at 8pm.