aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Worms is ace! What's the latest edition called?

I'm not rightly sure. There's updated versions of the original games on XBox live (same gameplay, improved graphics & sound etc), Worms 1, Worms 2 (Armageddon) the third 2D one, then that shitty 3D one they made on PS2. I'm playing Armageddon. It was my favourite back in the old PS1 days. Couple of grumbles though. You can't keep records for all your made up teams like you used to, the only leaderboards are the XBox Live ones.

My team are called Worm Food, and their names are Ryan, Death Monkey, Psychokiller and Grunt. Psychokiller is a mad cunt. Drops air strikes and holy grenades and banana bombs onto any group of worms, giving not one fuck it puts himself or his teammates in the line of fire. They also wear top hats and address each other with "I say old chap!"

Friday - sorted some stuff out with the Supra and then went to Moorings for Death Watch & Headless Kross (was a good gig).

Saturday - Hockey and then beer.

Sunday - Had a (Bisongrass) gig down at Banshee Labyrinth in Edinburgh with Atragon, Roll On Three and Buried Sleeper (who were awesome). It was good fun and my first time playing Banshee Labyrinth.

• 3 weeks later...

Friday - Quiet night in with the wife after a busy week involving band practices, gigs and christmas dinners

Saturday - house to myself so xbox, herding cats and working on music before heading down to Stoney for the Ury Players Panto

Sunday - Brewing beer, maybe go to the pub to watch the Manchester derby

Tonight: Fuck all. Probably watch some Dexter.

Tomorrow: Skene Life Drawing in the afternoon and I imagine more Dexter at night.

Sunday: Dr Sketchy's Non-Denominational, Secular, Enviornmentally Conscious, Socially Responsible Winter Solstice Cabaret Special @Cellar 35 from 2-5 followed by Gutter Lane at Slains in the evening.

xx

Tonight - working at the Barn. We've got Daimh playing who are bound to be ace, if you like gaelic christmas songs. then home and drink gin.

Tomorrow - probably play skyrim then go to the Ury Players panto

Sunday - got to pop into work for an hour but other than that no plans. Probably dick about on the internet or watch a film.

Guest Bob Knob

Due to a glitch in the rota, I have the weekend off! So, instead of working behind the bar, I'll be in front of it :)

Tonight: Prince of Wales.

Tomorrow: Preparing for a wedding for which I am the photographer.

Today, going to a big gig as part of primaveraclub, linked with the primavera sound music festival.

Really looking forward to seeing Deerhoof, The Field and James Holden.

Also playing are Mark Lanegan, Ariel Pink and The Vaccines but I'm not really familiar with any of them.

Tomorrow, being lazy and watching football.

Spot on about Mark Lanegan and The Vaccines. Thought Ariel Pink was much better than just alright though, he was great.

Deerhoof were brilliant, The Field started off just okay but stepped it up and the second half of their set was one of the best things I've seen in a while. James Holden was playing some great stuff at the end but I didn't stay for it all.

Friday - going to a mates house to drink port, smash back a bottle of Glengoyne 12 y/o and play darts

Tomorrow - sister visiting

Sunday - meant to be coaching at a game but have the feeling it'll be cancelled because of unplayable pitches

Mashed on Friday, quiet Saturday, Sunday game was cancelled as expected so had a good training session instead. Pretty good weekend all round.

So this weekend was rather good.

Friday - ended up playing some special ops on Cod with the mrs. then HOLY FUCKING SHIT WALKING DEAD DAT ENDING

Saturday - fannyed aboot. went for my work night out. was good fun. free night too which was a bonus.

Sunday - it was all about bandy p. Managed to write a couple new songs and polish off a new one from last week finally giving us a setlist worth.