aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

Weekend shenanigans?

I'm bored at work today - just want to head home.

Busy weekend ahead - my mother's coming round tonight for supper (no jokes please - she's invited round tonight in particular as it's the first anniversary of her partner's death (I know there will still be jokes cos you're a bunch of funny bastards)).

Tomorrow, the wife is heading into Aberdeen shopping, and thinking about going to look for a car to buy. And I'm babysitting my brother's kids tomorrow evening.

Then it will be Sunday, then it will be fucking Monday again. How depressing.

What a shit weekend. I don't have much plans for the weekend. Cobra Kai practice tonight, and possibly a few games of poker and some beers if I manage to get away quick. If not, then Football Manager, a film and some beers :)

Sweet FA on Saturday and Sunday. Might try and do some Xmas shopping if I can face incredibly busy town.

Busy weekend ahead - my mother's coming round tonight for supper (no jokes please - she's invited round tonight in particular as it's the first anniversary of her partner's death (I know there will still be jokes cos you're a bunch of funny bastards)).

If she's at a loose end once you've eaten, give me a shout...my missus is out of town. ;)

I'm the same as you...hungover to fuck and just want away from work! Heading out for some drinks tonight - can't wait to get that first pint down.

Then and early start for some pre-match beverages before we give the Huns a doing at Pittodrie tomorrow. Couple more drinks afterwards then a quite night in with Football Manager and a takeaway planned.*

Sunday - sleeping late, Ma's for tea.

*Subject to change depending on result.

Do you ever get to Celtic games, Calum?

Guest Gladstone

Do you ever get to Celtic games, Calum?

Never these days to be honest.

Had a season ticket for a couple of seasons when I was about 18/19, and have been sporadically since. Last one I was at was against Barca a couple of seasons ago, where we took the lead twice. Incredible game. The atmosphere was ace, the football was really good (mostly from Barca...).

Domestically, I've been at a few Celtic games at Pittodrie in the past few years - most recent was a couple of seasons ago when we won 5-1 - the game McGeady did the Cruyff turn and crossed for McDonald - same game that Robson scored with his first ever touch for Celtic.

Everytime I go, I always vow that I'll be back soon, but the gaps between going get wider each time...

Truth is I'm not as interested in football in general as I used to be anyway.

Tonight doing sound at a gig in an ex-servicemans social club in Pollok, will be an interesting experience. Tomorrow the folks are down so will see them in afternoon/early evening before going to work in the pub. Hopefully have a game of 5s on Sunday then maybe head out for a couple of beverages.

Never these days to be honest.

Had a season ticket for a couple of seasons when I was about 18/19, and have been sporadically since. Last one I was at was against Barca a couple of seasons ago, where we took the lead twice. Incredible game. The atmosphere was ace, the football was really good (mostly from Barca...).

Domestically, I've been at a few Celtic games at Pittodrie in the past few years - most recent was a couple of seasons ago when we won 5-1 - the game McGeady did the Cruyff turn and crossed for McDonald - same game that Robson scored with his first ever touch for Celtic.

Everytime I go, I always vow that I'll be back soon, but the gaps between going get wider each time...

Truth is I'm not as interested in football in general as I used to be anyway.

I'm the same, although I'm probably more into football now than when I used to go watch Wednesday every week. The truth is, and as glory supporting as it sounds, it's shit. We're shit. The atmosphere is shit. The prices are high, and we're either going to get trumped or nick a 1-0 and play terribly. Especially seeing as its 350 miles away, I just won't want to fork out for something that will be crap. When we can actually fill Hillsborough again (which will be if/when we get back into the PL), then it'll be a good day out, and I'll probably aim to get to 3 or 4 home games a season, but until then, I'm alright with watching us on telly 3 times a season, and waiting up for the Football League show.

These days, I just avidly watch the Premier League, because it's just a bit easier on the eye. Just wish we were bloody in it. We should be. We shouldn't have ever let ourselves get relegated.

Guest Gladstone
I'm the same, although I'm probably more into football now than when I used to go watch Wednesday every week. The truth is, and as glory supporting as it sounds, it's shit. We're shit. The atmosphere is shit. The prices are high, and we're either going to get trumped or nick a 1-0 and play terribly. Especially seeing as its 350 miles away, I just won't want to fork out for something that will be crap. When we can actually fill Hillsborough again (which will be if/when we get back into the PL), then it'll be a good day out, and I'll probably aim to get to 3 or 4 home games a season, but until then, I'm alright with watching us on telly 3 times a season, and waiting up for the Football League show.

These days, I just avidly watch the Premier League, because it's just a bit easier on the eye. Just wish we were bloody in it. We should be. We shouldn't have ever let ourselves get relegated.

When I was going to see Celtic regularly, we were trouncing the opposition fairly regularly, but it wasn't that exciting. It would probably be more exciting these days because teams come to Celtic and go for it, instead of the 10 man defence we used to have to break down. The downside of this is the sheer frustration I get whenever I watch Celtic these days on the telly. They are fucking shit. I can't believe the incompetence on the football pitch from these overpaid prima donnas. The inability to pass a ball 10 yards just defies belief. I can do that. I've been able to do that since I was about 8. And fairly consistently too.

I did see some amazing games / goals etc. when I was there. It was in the Lubo / Larsson / Agathe / Sutton / Petta / Petrov etc etc era. I was there when Lubo scored from the corner flag. Amazing. I've also seen Stephane Mahe go crazy a few times. Good times.

I imagine its the downfall of supporting a consistently successful team that it doesn't have the excitement. I imagine that's why old Trafford is like a library these days. They probably expect to win every game, but teams like Fulham or Sunderland turn up, and just think "fuck this" and give them a right good scare, then United fans boo their own players. Good times.

Guest Gladstone
I imagine its the downfall of supporting a consistently successful team that it doesn't have the excitement. I imagine that's why old Trafford is like a library these days. They probably expect to win every game, but teams like Fulham or Sunderland turn up, and just think "fuck this" and give them a right good scare, then United fans boo their own players. Good times.

It's so true. I've had more fun at the games I've been to supporting the Dons with my mates in the last couple of years than I had at most games at Celtic Park. It's good supporting a successful team when they get to cup finals, and get into Europe etc and it's really exciting, but the week in week out of putting 2 or 3 past every team sounds good, and it's fine for bragging rights etc but the actual 90 minutes can sometimes be fairly boring. But we did have some great players, that meant there were moments of brilliance fairly regularly that made it worth going. Complaining about winning every week is totally ridiculous...

And then when we're not so good (i.e. now), it's somehow worse because you get used to winning every week, and now the so called greatest fans in the world start booing their players every week. Ace.

The first couple of seasons under O'Neill were the best we've had. Because we didn't settle for just beating teams most weeks, we fucking destroyed them. That was ace. The 6-2 match against the Huns is still my favourite football match of all time. We were 3-0 up in 13 minutes. I was only watching it on TV though - I so wish I was there, it would have been mental!

First full weekend off in ages for me. There's a Hip Hop festival going on too so gonna head along to that as soon as I finish work in an hour. Tonnes of DJs on till the wee hours. yas and indeed min!!!

Saturday will probably be spent ruing the fact that I haven't acheived anything I had previously planned to whilst simultaneously making no effort to acheive those things. That and equal measures of radio 5 live and masturbation.