aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

14 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

Probably not as good a time in Amsterdam as I had when one of the dudes from P-Funk thought I was trying to sell him crack.

The truth of some of the stuff that did happen in Amsterdam shall never be told on the forum. But was a good holiday. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I like how you specified drinks at night, as to not imply that you're breakfast-beering your way through the bank holiday weekend. I definitely don't believe you.

I have next week off, starting today, so it's an 11 day weekend. It's been a shit few weeks at work, so drinking in the AM is a certainty.

My stagger was a disaster. Took a limo to Atlantic City (budget Las Vegas in New Jersey) with a bunch of friends. Got too drunk on the way down, spent the rest of the trip too hungover to do anything and nobody else gambled except me for some reason.

where you going/ what you doing?

1 hour ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

It is my stag do this weekend. RIP in peace me, send help, etc etc

Congrats min, I didn't even know you were getting married. 

15 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

My stagger was a disaster. Took a limo to Atlantic City (budget Las Vegas in New Jersey) with a bunch of friends. Got too drunk on the way down, spent the rest of the trip too hungover to do anything and nobody else gambled except me for some reason.

I had a great time on mine, the lads flew over to Ireland and we had two days in Galway on the west coast on an absolute rampage. Then the third day we came back to Dublin to finish it off at Oktoberfest, but we were all too hungover to go and we just sat in the pub being miserable and tired. I couldn't even manage a single drink. I went back to the hotel and had a cup of tea and read my Kindle. The first two days were superb though. 

2 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Heading up to Inverness with THE LADS, a group of about twenty - staying in the same lodges that we recorded TLK album in. Taking up a bunch of music gear and stuff, some activities planned (I don't know what these are). Booze, obvs. Should be a good een providing they don't destroy me.

The guys for a long time didn't realise my dad was also in the Whatsapp group, which has been interesting... :laughing:

19 hours ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

Heading up to Inverness with THE LADS, a group of about twenty - staying in the same lodges that we recorded TLK album in. Taking up a bunch of music gear and stuff, some activities planned (I don't know what these are). Booze, obvs. Should be a good een providing they don't destroy me.

The guys for a long time didn't realise my dad was also in the Whatsapp group, which has been interesting... :laughing:

are there enough stagger stories on here to warrwent a thread? could be entertaining?

mine involved a skateboarder stripper and getting hit by a taxi, it was fucking ace!

This weekend I’m going out to the inlaws for Easter. Irish Catholics love a big Easter dinner.

Best thing about going out to the sticks is getting to take my dogs to a big fuck-off park and letting them run themselves to buggery. Nothing brings me more joy than watching dogs having fun. Panting like fuck with their flappy tongues hanging out... magic!