aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Booze cruises are the fucking worst. There is always some dick that isn't "a good traveller" and ends up spewing everywhere, usually at the booze cruises furthermost point from anywhere you can get off. Ever been on a bus on country roads that are bumpier and more crooked than Owen Wilson's nose being cheered on to neck half a pint of warm jager? Imagine how worse that situation would be if it hummed of spew and in between the chants of "DRINK DRINK DRINK" you could hear someone spewing into a tesco bag whilst their pals rattle on about how "Jenny isn't a great traveller". Shite.

This weekend I'm planning on self medicating my back pain with whisky and strumming guitars tomorrow night. Sunday is doing fuck all day.

Edited by Flights
  • Upvote 1

3 day weekend. I'm going to smash it.

Tonight, going for ONE beer after work with work people, because I'm incredibly poor and also because I don't really want to go.

Tomorrow, food shopping. I also need to buy a door handle. Awwww yeah.

Sunday, Rubber gloves, Cillit Bang, I'm kicking the shit out of the inside of the oven. There's no slowing down this party bus!

Monday, waiting for the BT man to arrive to sort out the phone line. He reckons he might have to DRILL A HOLE IN THE WALL. So dangerous!

I started sweating just typing that. What a ride.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Friday - Hung out at home. Did very little.

Saturday - Pizza and beers round at mine with my girlfriend, my flatmate and her boyfriend, then a few pubs in the city centre with a couple more mates. Stuck to the quieter places as I'm pretty old now and I want to be able to sit down and not have to yell over the loud music. 

Sunday - Football Manager and Netflix while my girlfriend slept off a hangover until 5pm. Planned going to the cinema but there was nothing on I fancied. Went shopping in Tesco instead then watched a really bad film. Ate Froot Loops that I bought in Tesco. They were disappointing. What a shit day.

Friday - We were up in Cornhill for a wee surprise birthday party for our very own Flights, before heading to his house on a cliff in the middle of nowhere.

Sat - We drove up to Inverness to play in The Eagle Bar infront of all of 10 people before driving back. Nice wee venue, just a shame there was no one there.

Sunday - Slept most of the day before playing a decent gig in the Tunnels last night in one of those 5 band frenzy nights where everyone seemed to be instructed to take their own amp, i have never seen so many amps in the Tunnels at the same time. 

• Upvote 1

Anniversary weekend

Friday - ate mac and cheese, sticky toffee pudding, drank prosecco.  it was pretty good.

Saturday - went for a fancy lunch at La Stella with more prosecco, the best cod I've ever had, a tasty ganache followed by some iron man 3 action, german beers in the moorings then many ales in the Marine upon our return to Stoney

Sunday - rough as fuck.

• Upvote 2

Friday - We were up in Cornhill for a wee surprise birthday party for our very own Flights, before heading to his house on a cliff in the middle of nowhere.

Sat - We drove up to Inverness to play in The Eagle Bar infront of all of 10 people before driving back. Nice wee venue, just a shame there was no one there.

Sunday - Slept most of the day before playing a decent gig in the Tunnels last night in one of those 5 band frenzy nights where everyone seemed to be instructed to take their own amp, i have never seen so many amps in the Tunnels at the same time. 

I feel there wasn't enough amps. Hats off to the lad from Silverbyskyline who took his own amp despite it being the same as the tunnels house one.

• Upvote 1

This weekend will be a good one hopefully;

Friday - quiet night at home with the Missus. We've just moved house and should have everything done for Friday so will relax with some booze.

Saturday - Golfing in the morning, then pick my brother and some mates up and head back to mine for beers in the garden (if it's sunny). Attending the 30 year Gothenburg anniversary meal at night at the Treetops. Hopefully get lots of drunken photos with ex Aberdeen players.

Sunday - die and then golf.