aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Tonight: Chilling, watching The Office.

Saturday: Taking the missus out for dinner. Earlier in the day I have my parents visiting the flat. This will be the first time my mother has seen it in the flesh.

Sunday: Moderate day of rest. Looks like dinner with the parents and possibly seeing the new James Bond film.

Tonight I went out for dinner straight from work and got a big burger with a fried egg on it.

Tomorrow, possibly some charity photo exhibition fundraising thing in the afternoon and then a bbq at a friends place in the evening. Maybe out to see DJ shadow late on.

Sunday, football, football, football.

Aberdeen Lynx, right...where do they play, what day/time is kick off etc?

Lynx Ice Arena down at the beach (the ice rink next to the ballroom). Saturday evenings (schedule dependent but normally every fortnight for a home game). Face off at 7/7.30 (I can't recall so let's say 7 as I won't miss anything in that case).

Tonight - nothing. No money.

Saturday - nothing. No money.

Sunday - nothing. No money.

Turned out a little better than this.

Friday: Went to mates house for dinner, ate lots of Bulgarian food and drank some wine and beers. Got a bit drunk.

Saturday: Stayed in most of the day playing Football Manager. Found a tenner in a pair of jeans. Went to the shops and bought stuff to cook a jalfrezi. Cooked a jalfrezi.

Sunday: Watched F1. Realised there's over 120 Euro in my bank account and I'd miscounted. Took the missus for lunch. Dicked around town for a while. Stayed up until 2am trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. Failed. Got annoyed. Went to bed.

Turned out a little better than this.

Friday: Went to mates house for dinner, ate lots of Bulgarian food and drank some wine and beers. Got a bit drunk.

Saturday: Stayed in most of the day playing Football Manager. Found a tenner in a pair of jeans. Went to the shops and bought stuff to cook a jalfrezi. Cooked a jalfrezi.

Sunday: Watched F1. Realised there's over 120 Euro in my bank account and I'd miscounted. Took the missus for lunch. Dicked around town for a while. Stayed up until 2am trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. Failed. Got annoyed. Went to bed.

My record for solving a Rubik's cube is 30 seconds. #NERD

xx

My record for solving a Rubik's cube is 30 seconds. #NERD

xx

I've never really tried before, I've only ever just mashed at them so I decided I was going to try and apply logic to it thinking it would be a piece of piss. It took me 2 hours to get one side. I dunno why but I just couldn't get my head around the patterns and the movements. I ended up just staring at it completely perplexed like "How the fuck do I get that bit to go up there???!!!". It wasn't even that I could get it into place but it fucked all the other pieces up, I couldn't even figure out how to get the piece into the position I wanted it to be in. I've never felt so dumb.

I've never really tried before, I've only ever just mashed at them so I decided I was going to try and apply logic to it thinking it would be a piece of piss. It took me 2 hours to get one side. I dunno why but I just couldn't get my head around the patterns and the movements. I ended up just staring at it completely perplexed like "How the fuck do I get that bit to go up there???!!!". It wasn't even that I could get it into place but it fucked all the other pieces up, I couldn't even figure out how to get the piece into the position I wanted it to be in. I've never felt so dumb.

Haha yeah, it's a really interesting puzzle with two main solving points - the order and the algorithms. First you need to make sure you're solving the first side completely (i.e. making sure that even though you have one face that's all yellow, that the pieces around those edges also match up. Then it's just a matter of learning/working out the algorithms that move piece A into position X without upsetting your previously solved side.

The big problem with it is that you generally need a bit of a nudge in the right direction to start making sense of it but if you look online for help you'll only find step-by-step comprehensive guides or nothing at all.

Worthwhile thing to learn to do IMO, but I'm a maths nerd.

xx

Haha yeah, it's a really interesting puzzle with two main solving points - the order and the algorithms. First you need to make sure you're solving the first side completely (i.e. making sure that even though you have one face that's all yellow, that the pieces around those edges also match up. Then it's just a matter of learning/working out the algorithms that move piece A into position X without upsetting your previously solved side.

The big problem with it is that you generally need a bit of a nudge in the right direction to start making sense of it but if you look online for help you'll only find step-by-step comprehensive guides or nothing at all.

Worthwhile thing to learn to do IMO, but I'm a maths nerd.

xx

I'm hopeless with maths and logic puzzles, I just started with the logic that the middle squares cannot change, thus you need to work around those. So if I start with one side, find the corner bits, then I'll know which piece goes on which corner depending on the middle square on the corresponding four sides. Then apply the same logic to the middle bits, and so on till I have a full side one colour, and all the edges of match up with the middle squares of the 4 other sides. That's as far as I've got... and it took me 2 hours.

I'm hopeless with maths and logic puzzles, I just started with the logic that the middle squares cannot change, thus you need to work around those. So if I start with one side, find the corner bits, then I'll know which piece goes on which corner depending on the middle square on the corresponding four sides. Then apply the same logic to the middle bits, and so on till I have a full side one colour, and all the edges of match up with the middle squares of the 4 other sides. That's as far as I've got... and it took me 2 hours.

You're close, but you start with the middle pieces on one side effectively making a + shape, then fill in the corners.

xx

Yesterday: Went out to a Mexican restaurant. Very nice.

Today: Watch some football. Flatmate's birthday on monday so people will be coming over tonight for eating, drinking and perhaps a bit of dancing. I'm going to bake a cake for it this afternoon. When I say bake I mean stand around getting in the way of my friend who will actually be baking and I'll lick the cake mix bowl clean.

Tomorrow: First sunday of the month means it's free museum day here so might take advantage of that and go to something I've not been to before. Cinema for James Bond in the evening.