aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

The DOD is boss. Josie Long is terrible. still, 8 quid aint bad.

'Ey, fuck you, lady!

(I accidentally clicked 'like' instead of 'reply' to your post. Great pleasure in clicking 'unlike', bwahaha!)

It was good fun, though, all of them were ace. DO'D especially, as always.

Well that was the most amount of mud i have ever seen in my life!! But still a fucking great weekend, bring on next year!!

Highlights, and yes i will get slagged for this, were, Florence and the Machine, Amy Mcdonald, Calvin Harris, Chase and Status, The Wanted and Slam.

I don't know who any of those people are.

Buy my guitar, now?

xx

Hey, they were fucking ace, tent was completely full and the place was bouncing, what more could you ask for from a pop band?

Special mention should also go to the Kaiser Cheifs, who are actually a very good band, just unable to write any good new songs and Nero, nae huge on the dub step thing, but it was absolutely face meltingly grimey.

The mud was a grind, but i duck taped my waterproof trousers to my wellie boots, they were the only things of mine to get wet or muddy all weekend, wore the same clothes all weekend no bother. Some were not as lucky like, parts of the camp site had mud slides and some folks tents got washed away, i can safely bet each one of them was a n00b first year camper, anyone who camps next to the paths must be. We were on a hill in the middle of a section, nae bother at all.

Stoney folk festival was brilliant again. Despite making a schoolboy error and getting hammered on the Friday night which made the rest of the weekend a bit of a struggle.

Highlights:

Sitting outside the Marine on Friday night talking to randoms and drinking wheat beer

Brian McNeil's set on Saturday night, Rona Wilki and Marit Fält on Sunday and the mental piping of Fred Morrison on Sunday as well. Also the rec club sessions on Friday and Saturday night which were highly entertaining and not conducive at all to staying sober.

Lowlights:

The rain.

Frank Robb and his shite compere patter.

Drunk/mad woman that befriended us while watching the tennis on Saturday.

I need to try this Burrito man's wares. This place opened in Newcastle recently. It's like Subway but for awesome burritos/tacos and therefore much better. I went twice on Saturday; totally worth it. If there was one up here I'd be in there always.

Unsane. Man. Wow. Unsane.

I know where I'm going for food next Saturday.

Tonight: I will thank the lords this week is over, go and see Min the Diesel, and a have 4-6 pints.

Saturday: I will go to rugby training in the am, then go to a big bloody beer festival at Potarch. Going to be messy. I recommend that people come.

Sunday: I move in with qzdiablo in the am... somehow. I’m camping in Potarch the night before. Could be a logistical nightmare; could be just fine.

Tonight: Pakcing for moving flats, maybe some beers.

Tomorrow: hoping to go to the beer fest but no idea how to get there. Go out on bike if the weather is good.

On the Dee, between Banchory and Kincardine O'Neil. Next to a big, ruddy stone bridge. Do it in a couple of hours on bike, I reck.