aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

I gardened like a motherfucker this weekend. I dislike gardening, but it has to be done sometimes.

On Saturday, I planted a couple of trees - nothing major. I had kids footy in the evening, which was pretty good. My Barca-esque training seems to be paying off with the little fuckers always trying to play the passing game, even the really little fuckers who lost all their games were trying to play football and not just booting the ball as hard as they could!

Then on Sunday I had more kids footy which I decided to cycle to and from. Total of 22 miles on the bike which was pretty good on such a nice day. Then my wife announced that we had to do every single job that was outstanding in the garden. We were out there for 6 fucking hours. The good part about this was getting to properly test out my Bose portable sounddock for the first time. What a beast it is. The quality of the sound when turned up loud outside is amazing.

WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF YOUR SEX HUT?

Guest Gladstone
WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF YOUR SEX HUT?

It's not a sex hut. That's what our guitarist keeps referring to it as - he's a total deviant though. Something you'd like to confess to Adam...?

There are pictures on my wife's camera. I will upload them at some point...

It looks pretty fucking good.

It's not a sex hut. That's what our guitarist keeps referring to it as - he's a total deviant though. Something you'd like to confess to Adam...?

The only confession I have is that if I had a cool log cabin in my garden it would be my sex hut. :cool:

There are pictures on my wife's camera. I will upload them at some point...

Of the sex hut or from inside the sex hut? If it's the latter I don't want to see anything ginger.

Guest Gladstone
The only confession I have is that if I had a cool log cabin in my garden it would be my sex hut. :cool:

Of the sex hut or from inside the sex hut? If it's the latter I don't want to see anything ginger.

It's cool - I'm completely cleanshaven.

• Upvote 1

Just in case anyone is interested I had an awesome weekend.

Me and my wifie bought bikes and rode them around pretty much the whole of Brooklyn, stopping off for fried chicken and beer at a load of pokey wee bars along the way. Got called 'Cracker' riding through one of the less salubrious parts of town - which made my day. Saw some cops chasing a 'perp' too. Ate a peanut butter and jam doughnut with sasparilla soda. Got home hammered.

Sunday I made beats on my new Maschine all day whilst the girlfriend baked cakes, which I subsequently ate then went to a bar next to our place which turned out to have the best beer garden ever.

Weekends are fuckin ace when the sun's out.

• Upvote 1

Sun was shining here all weekend too. I spent Saturday afternoon sipping beer on the beach. Then we had our flat warming party at night which was great. Very easy to get to bed at the end of the night when the party is at your house. We got through it without any complaints from neighbours too which was nice. Sunday was a relaxing day in the park, I wasn't badly hungover but still I wasn't up for anything too strenuous. Then I went to my fave burger place for a monster burger, with a fried egg on it of course.

• 3 weeks later...

It's that time again

I guess with the match tomorrow it might be a big one for a few people here.

Big night tonight, I'm going with a big group of friends to see Paul Kalkbrenner which I'm very excited about. It's on quite early but then there's a night on at another club which you get into for free with a kalkbrenner ticket so it's going to end up a very long and messy one.

Whatever state I'm in I'll drag myself to the pub for 1ish and join a couple of other local dons fans. We'll probably sit in the corner watching the smaller screen as the Liverpool twats get the big screen to watch them get pumped out the cup.

The rest of the weekend will be necessary recovery time.

On call so no booze this weekend.

Friday: Head down to Derbar for a curry.

Saturday: Bit of work to do in the morning. Watch the semi-final. Into Aberdeen to pick up some bits and pieces for walking the west highland way in May.

Sunday: Dunno.

tonight - round for a meal at a mates house. should be a feast with about ten of the american football team there

tomorrow - through on the train to glasgow early doors, catch up with the boys, get burst, watch the dons win the semi, beers and spears then train home late

sunday - training, hungover as fuck

FRIDAY!!!: Was supposed to be going to a Richard Wiseman thing for the Edinburgh Science Festival, but it starts in an hour and we're having to wait on a boiler repair man who is LATE! Fuck you, boiler man! To make up for it, we're going to make a huge curry tonight. I just like spices.

Saturday: Andrew WK in Glasgow. This will be interesting. I will most likely be standing by the bar.

Sunday: Wander round Glasgow, inevitably spend too much money I don't have in Mono on beers and records, then back to Edinburgh and catch a train back to Aberdeen.

I like weekends that don't consist of me saying "Saturday: Nothing. Sunday: Work."