aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Wasn't blown away by Rishi's. Had sambar vadai for starter, it was okay, the sambar was a bit bland, vadai were cooked pretty well, massive though, a meal in itself. Ordered a dosa for main, which can be a bit of a gamble for delivery, really doughy, soggy and stodgy, filling was okay, bit cold though. Reckon they'd have been much better hot and fresh out the kitchen (like the remix to Ignition), I like my dosas paper thin and a bit on the crispy side. Mushroom rice was alright. Other half played it safe and had chicken madras, he thought it was bland and didn't feel too well afterwards. I'd been excited because I'd thought it might fill the void left by Spice Dabba, which other than The Banana Leaf on Old Dumbarton Road in Glasgow, was the best South Indian food I'd had in ages, was really excited by the extensive range of veggie dishes too. The food was over 40 minutes later than they said it'd be, so I called just to check they hadn't forgotten about us, and the lady gave me 'tude on the phone. Points aff.

Wouldn't write it off though, would maybe give the restaurant a go, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as my food may have been rolling around the back of a van for ages.

Wasn't blown away by Rishi's. Had sambar vadai for starter, it was okay, the sambar was a bit bland, vadai were cooked pretty well, massive though, a meal in itself. Ordered a dosa for main, which can be a bit of a gamble for delivery, really doughy, soggy and stodgy, filling was okay, bit cold though. Reckon they'd have been much better hot and fresh out the kitchen (like the remix to Ignition), I like my dosas paper thin and a bit on the crispy side. Mushroom rice was alright. Other half played it safe and had chicken madras, he thought it was bland and didn't feel too well afterwards. I'd been excited because I'd thought it might fill the void left by Spice Dabba, which other than The Banana Leaf on Old Dumbarton Road in Glasgow, was the best South Indian food I'd had in ages, was really excited by the extensive range of veggie dishes too. The food was over 40 minutes later than they said it'd be, so I called just to check they hadn't forgotten about us, and the lady gave me 'tude on the phone. Points aff.

Wouldn't write it off though, would maybe give the restaurant a go, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as my food may have been rolling around the back of a van for ages.

I got excited when the door to Spice Dabba was open the other week, but I think it might have just been an open door...

Starting this one early this week. Super Bowl weekend!! Can't wait. Its gonna be insane. Have reserved a booth at a proper sports bar in midtown manhattan.(they are selling individual bar stool tickets!). Totally avoiding the Brooklyn hipster crowd enjoying the game ironically and talking bout the commercials the whole way through. I'm gonna don a backwards cap, hi-five some bros, gorge myself on spicy fried bird limbs and drink piss weak lager by the gallon. Fuckin magic.

• Upvote 2

Tonight I'm going to a little house party.

Tomorrow is all about the rugby which means I'll be in the pub by 6pm so we'll just see where things go after that.

Sunday I'll watch the United - Chelsea match but not got any other plans. Doubt I'll be able to stay up for the superbowl even though I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Tonight - going to Dundee to see Paige & Autumn In Disguise. It's kind of a tradition between me and a couple of friends. I'm not even sure I'll enjoy it, but I'll go for the drive. I love a good long drive.

Tomorrow - Not sure if I'm allowed to say. Should be fun though.

Sunday - Band practice with my band. I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm in a band. We're practising on Sunday. Then home for a roast dinner.

No plans for tonight. Might go to the pub.

Tomorrow the plan is go for a 7 or 8 mile run, get a haircut, make some homemade butteries to eat on Sunday and then get kilted up and go to the work's dinner dance at night to drink a lot and embarrass myself in front of colleagues.

Sunday I'll probably just be hungover and eating lots of butteries.